NVR4108 VTO2000A VTH1550CH integration

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,
I've very little experience in this area and, now that I have some time, I'm trying to get the most of what I have installed at my home.
I have a NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with 1 IPC-HDBW4431R-AS and 2 IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS cameras connected to it and a VTK-VTO2000A-VTH1550CH video intercom KIT the NVR4108 and the VTNS1060A are connected to my home switch they are working and I have access to them via the gDMSS but I have a couple of questions:
1- Can I view the cameras in the VTH1550?
2-Can I record the VTO2000A a video on the NVR4108?

Thanks
Jorge

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
HI,
I've very little experience in this area and, now that I have some time, I'm trying to get the most of what I have installed at my home.
I have a NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with 1 IPC-HDBW4431R-AS and 2 IPC-HDBW2431R-ZS cameras connected to it and a VTK-VTO2000A-VTH1550CH video intercom KIT the NVR4108 and the VTNS1060A are connected to my home switch they are working and I have access to them via the gDMSS but I have a couple of questions:
1- Can I view the cameras in the VTH1550?
2-Can I record the VTO2000A a video on the NVR4108?

Thanks
Jorge
Yes and yes!

1. See [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit --> pitfall here is that you CANNOT use fullHD streams (as the VTH is not FullHD capable). Take into account that loading of a stream takes 2-3 seconds to "load"
2. Yes! Let the NVR autodect your VTO (as "Private" on port 37777, fill out admin/password) and hoppa. Do NOT (never ever!) change resolution settings/fps/... from within the NVR, it will MESS UP your VTO settings (forcing a factory reset). Only thing that works well is to schedule 24/7 record, that works like a charm!

Happy Camming!
CC

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you CC,
1- I can now see the cameras on the main VTH but on the extension VTH the image from the VTO is black and I get a message saying it's offline.
2- I am now recording in the NVR
Another question on the VTH when answering a call the menus appear on the right side can I move them to the left side? (people have a tendency the hide behind the menu)

Jorge

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you CC,
1- I can now see the cameras on the main VTH but on the extension VTH the image from the VTO is black and I get a message saying it's offline.
2- I am now recording in the NVR
Another question on the VTH when answering a call the menus appear on the right side can I move them to the left side? (people have a tendency the hide behind the menu)

Jorge
Great progress Jorge!

Regarding 1: if you have a dual VTH setup, you need to specifically work around the "multiple" VTH-configuration procedure. I don't know by heart, but it were specific instructions (something with group dial and extension numbers). I only have 1 VTH, so I cannot help you with hints&tips from my setup.

Indeed, the menus (and also the controls when opening an IPC to view the stream) are always on the right hand side. I have the same with my VTO, but I solved it by putting a large plant (in pot) at the left side of the camera, so viewing wise, everybody shifts to the left ;-)

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi CC,

If no way to put the menus on the left I'm thinking in using the image mirroring function on the VTO... will have to ask permission.

Jorge

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
So now it's working the configurations are not being synchronized from the main VTH to the extension VTH, defined the extension VTH as main VTH updated the PW of the VTO and put the VTH back as extension, can anyone tell me what I'm missing for the configuration not being synchronized.

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
2. Yes! Let the NVR autodect your VTO (as "Private" on port 37777, fill out admin/password) and hoppa. Do NOT (never ever!) change resolution settings/fps/... from within the NVR, it will MESS UP your VTO settings (forcing a factory reset). Only thing that works well is to schedule 24/7 record, that works like a charm!

Happy Camming!
CC
Changing resolution settings/fps/... from within the NVR it's really a mess not only for the VTO but also if you change the cameras... I've changed the main stream from H264 to H265 and could no longer see the sub stream in the VTH, had to go to web interface of each camera and change it there.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Changing resolution settings/fps/... from within the NVR it's really a mess not only for the VTO but also if you change the cameras... I've changed the main stream from H264 to H265 and could no longer see the sub stream in the VTH, had to go to web interface of each camera and change it there.
That is 200% true. But with a "normal" IPC, it's normally not that irreversible, but my VTO's always complete crashed when the NVR pushed settings onwards.

JMO

n3wb
Reaction score
In my case (beginners luck) I managed to access the web interface of the VTO and reset it, for one of the IPCs was a opportunity to learn, the port was 37777 so no web browser access, had search for a solution so I had delete it and let the NVR find it.