NVR with cam selection through api

alvarog423

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Im very new in this. Im looking for a very specific NVR

We have 8 cams and a software that selects the cam where "some action" is occuring, I want to find an NVR that can take the input of the 8 cams and only output the selected cam ( i would need a way to input programatically the cam i want to be displayed to the NVR). Is there any NVR capable of this? i can send the info of the cam to be displayed any way possible, maybe an NVR with an api or sdk for this?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i would need a way to input programatically the cam i want to be displayed to the NVR
I'm not sure I fully understand the question.
You want a way to instruct an NVR to display a selected one of 8 cameras, programmatically.
I'm not sure if you also require recording on the NVR as well as display. For one or all 8?

If not, if it's purely display, then does a stream viewer such as VLC, that has considerable command line features, work for you?

If you're into some heavy reading, Hikvision do publish a lot of their APIs and SDK, for example: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Integration and Development Materials/

alvarog423

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply

Yes, that's correct i want a way to instruct the NVR to display a selected one of 8 cameras programmatically. I also require recording on the NVR (of the 8 cams) as well as display. I can do this in a normal computer with some code but the CPU load is very high and i have to put a high end server dedicated just to this, also it does not scale very well. i was looking for options for scaling this (for later use of 16/32+ cams) with an NVR.

Regards