NVR with alarm input solution/suggestion?

Kuno

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m new to IP camera, security camera in general. I’m here hoping get some suggestion and guidance on my intended uses. My goal is to setup up to 8 3MP camera with a NVR hidden. I didn’t want to use my computer as NVR because it can be stolen along with the feed. I also would like to integrate it with my insteon system. My goal are:

1) NVR with 8 cameras. I’m Ok with using external PoE switch53 if it make the NVR it’s less noisy and more reliable.
2) I would like at least 2 alarm input. These will be used to trigger recording when PIR motion is detected (from Insteon).
3) I would also like to use motion detection within the IP camera in some location
4) Also would need remote viewing capability

Is there a reasonable NVR from Hikvision or Dahua that fit this? Or similar solution/recommendation?

Thanks,
Hai

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah pretty much any of the higher end ones can do what you want..

You can get a 16 port (get a 16 incase you want to toss a camera or two in there) one of these for ~$350 http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr440844164432-676.html
It has 16 Inputs and 4 outputs, you can trigger recording events for specific cameras or sets of cameras with each input and have camera alarms trigger an output

Kuno

n3wb
Reaction score
nayr,

Thanks for the info. With that I end up looking for Dahua "DH-NVR5208-8P/5216-8P/5232-8P" series but cant find a retailer.
On Hikvision I was looking for "DS-7600NI-SP Series NVR" with 4 alarm input, but no luck either.

Thanks,
Hai

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
check out aliexpress, beware that Hikvisions are region locked and require some hacking to convert to english or unlock entirely.

dahua are not, if the seller can send it to you already flashed with english firmware then your good to go.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
nayr,

Thanks for the info. With that I end up looking for Dahua "DH-NVR5208-8P/5216-8P/5232-8P" series but cant find a retailer.
On Hikvisdion I was looking for "DS-7600NI-SP Series NVR" with 4 alarm input, but no luck either.

Thanks,
Hai
They were great to me with cameras. Highly recommend. They are in Queens NY and I have nothing but good things to say.

http://www.marscctv.net/productDetail.php?id=949#

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shockwave so you would recommend marscctv