NVR with 2 wireless bridges? Is it possible?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't worry about interference unless you're in a really high RF area, like under a radio station tower.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gotcha that does make sense, now I just need to get the camera and figure out how to get the router linked with the WiFi camera itself.

Thank you!
You're welcome.
The easiest way I find for ones that also have a hardwire connection is to plug them into an empty port on the nvr, then plug my laptop on another cam port and log into the cam and set up the wifi if I don't have a simple poe switch available to do this away from the nvr.

On my router that is servicing my LTS doorbell.
I connected the router to an internet connection
I went through the LTS Connect app (which I had to use) Set up the wifi, then disconnected and not complete the total setup
Then, I hooked up a laptop and found the address (by loging into the router) went to the camera's page and set up the admin password, then connected it to the hikvision NVR I have.
The doorbell router, I have it set as a dhcp server with address range after the last address shown in the camera page, and the router's address at the end of the subnet.

for example, on my hikvision system, my doorbell's router address is at 192.168.254.254, the NVR address is the default address of 192.168.254.1 Then when I added a wireless cam on the garage, I bought a cheap $30 netgear router, then configure it as an access point mode in dhcp. the first router gives the new access point its own IP address (which later I told the first router to reserve it at address 192.168.254.253 to better organize that network) and the only thing I had to do is configured my hikvision wifi bullet which I can do that anywhere I have a computer connected to a switch since it came with a 12V adapter to power it.

If you are installing 3 or more cameras on a seperate building, It might be better to use a pair of Ubiquity 5AC in point to point and have one plugged into the nvr directly and the other one at the remote building hooked up to a POE switch servicing POE cams.

Dmchan1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dropping in to update. I've got the system working.
I honestly still don't understand (technically) how the wifi camera is talking to the NVR through the AP but it is. I'll accept magic as the answer for now until it breaks and I have to troubleshoot it. :)

Thank y'all so damn much for the help.