NVR will not recognize one of my cams

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an ACTi that my Dahua NVR will not recognize. screenshots below. on the cam i have ports: 6020, 6021, 6022, 7070 forwarded. i can view the cam remotely and locally without problems. any suggestions are appreciated.acti1.jpg nvr3333.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does ONVIF Device Manager show that the ONVIF port (in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page) is the same as the HTTP port?
In some cameras they differ, some they do not.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson i do not quite understand. i do not fully understand the "ONVIF device manager"...would that be on the NVR? if so, where would i access that?

Does ONVIF Device Manager show that the ONVIF port (in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page) is the same as the HTTP port?
In some cameras they differ, some they do not.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when i use the ONVIF manager with my local cam i get the results as seen on the screenshot. i have tried 3 ports. to access the cam locally i use 192.168.1.122:6020. i entered that address and i entered it again with the forward slash that onvif manager automatically puts in the address bar

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you sure your ACTI is ONVIF?

change manufacturer to customized and specify RTSP URI manually.. you'll have to obtain the RTSP URI from your own research w/out the ONVIF tool, test it with VLC first and make sure it works.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr i think it is onvif compliant, but i will confirm. that could be my issue. thanks for the assistance. i will try what you mentioned.

you sure your ACTI is ONVIF?

change manufacturer to customized and specify RTSP URI manually.. you'll have to obtain the RTSP URI from your own research w/out the ONVIF tool, test it with VLC first and make sure it works.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i entered that address and i entered it again with the forward slash that onvif manager automatically puts in the address bar
If ODM does not find the camera automatically, and it's IP address is on the same range as that of the PC, the camera is not ONVIF compliant.
So presumably you have determined that the camera does not support ONVIF, and have instead used a generic RTSP configuration.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, for any of your Dahua cameras use the manufacturer: Private and not ONVIF.

Dahua is not on the list because these can be rebranded and resold under other labels.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for my 1 dahua i put it under "ONVIF" already. it is currently playing nice with the NVR. should i still change it to "Private?"

FYI, for any of your Dahua cameras use the manufacturer: Private and not ONVIF.

Dahua is not on the list because these can be rebranded and resold under other labels.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep, uses dahaua's own api's and they play even nicer... its required if you want to use IVS