NVR reporting IP Camera disconnect

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, my Nvr has reported over the past few days that a camera connected to D2 it says video loss, in the logs it also says IP camera disconnect. I know this because it sends emails to me.

I did a playback on the camera of what was recorded and it freezes on the playback and then jumps forward.

this normally has happened in the night, the camera is inside the house, it's a Hikvision ds-2cd2032-I.

is it a faulty camera as this is the first time it's happening. I am sure upgrading the firmware won't fix it.

any ideas?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Send it back. Only kidding.

There is a thread on this before (I remember trying to help!). I think in the end we agreed that it was rebooting the camera and this wasn't really causing any harm and saved you rebooting it yourself.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha

it seems to only do it to this one camera but the recordings are messed up as well so it's pointless recording at the moment as it will freeze and jump through the recordings.

Dont know if a factory reset will fix it, I'll trying finding a thread again but couldn't before.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Haha

it seems to only do it to this one camera but the recordings are messed up as well so it's pointless recording at the moment as it will freeze and jump through the recordings.

Dont know if a factory reset will fix it, I'll trying finding a thread again but couldn't before.
No harm TFTPing it back to default rather than factory reset. This has cured a few of my cameras that have started going haywire.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After downgrading the Nvr back to 3.0.10, I haven't received a single IP camera disconnect. Seems the new firmware had a better way of detection or was buggy again.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What were you on? v3.3.4 seems really stable to me. I wouldn't touch v3.4.0 or v3.4.1 at the moment.

I was on 3.0.8 before, was sooooo stable.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Originally I was on 3.0.10 came with the recorder, I then upgraded to 3.4.1 because I was having abnormal shutdowns, and a few other issues. 3.4.1 stopped smart detection emails altogether, reverted to 3.3.4 as people said it was stable release, only to find out it sent emails but with no attatchements.

So downgraded back to 3.0.10, which seems fine at the moment obviously I still have the abnormal shutdown every few days

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't get why 3.3.4 isn't sending email attachments. But then this is Hikvision, so it's probably because Jupiter is too far away from Mars this time of the year. Wait for summer and try again.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From my experience for the past year, I had three video loss email alerts that were due to a loose camera RJ45 plug at the NVR PoE switch. It seems that my RJ45 plug does not fit preciselly in the RJ45 socket of the NVR and sometimes it looses contact, hence power loss and the video loss email alert is sent from the NVR.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might be right, yesterday and today I have been observing the logs. The only thing I have done different to the Nvr was shutdown the Nvr, disconnected the Ethernet cables and disconnect the hdd, then add a NAS box to the network. Then power on, I had about 6 IP camera disconnects so far.

it might be the cable end for one camera at the Nvr end which may be causing the issue. Unfortunately the logs does not state which camera is causing the issue but when I played back some footage a certain camera seems to have issues when playing back.

previously it would send me an email saying video loss don't know if that was with firmware 3.4.1 but know I'm on firmware 3.0.10.

will test the cable with a tester or completely replace the rj45 plug.