NVR Reolink 8ch poe

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
Clear out the IP information, set it for DHCP, save, and then reboot.

I literally cant make those instructions any clearer.
Thanks will do tomorrow and let you know, once again many thanks

iivisionii

n3wb
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with your POE, i am using one with same company. Make sure you turn on DHCP in your router. Once that is working, it will give ip to the NVR.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Something is definitely messed up then. The networking parameters that the NVR has filled in don't even match the router's network.

You sure the NVR is connected to the router either directly or by a switch?

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I recommend you try my suggestion in post #14 or return it as @wittaj and @looney2ns have suggested.
I would normally agree with you, but he is going to have to manually set the IP of a laptop/desktop to match the IP subnet the NVR thinks it's on. I think that may be a bit over his head judging from how we are progressing currently. :)

To me, it doesn't appear its getting DHCP info from the router. Leads me to believe either its faulty or it's not connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree something is amiss but generally a client device set to DHCP that is not connected to the router would display either a blank or a private 169.254. x.x address.

I suggest the OP seek some help from a friend with a bit more PC networking savvy and if he/she draws a blank.....return the ReoUNLink. :blankstare:

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone that helped, SORTED I put a rj 45 test meter on the cable and only 7 lights blinked changed both ends no difference, put new cat 6 cable in 80 feet and all 8 lights posative,and cams on phone, once again thanks, I am 74 and not very network savvy but do try and when stuck contact you guys, Many thanks again,