NVR Reolink 8ch poe

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, purchased a reolink 8ch poe nvr, in the setup wizard when I arrived at the page network there is a box for default gateway, after putting it in and it says settings saved it hasn't saved it, tried several times always the same , I have even started afresh formatting the hd gone through wizard again with same result, any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS Default g/w of router is 192.168.1.254

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
That screen shot is a picture of your router GUI or NVR? It appears to be the router.

Your NVR may already be set to attain its network setting via DHCP.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
When you do get to your NVR's webGUI or any camera webGUI, you may need to use IE11 or Palemoon 32 bit browsers to get settings to "save" (it appears you're using something other than iE).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
That screen shot is a picture of your router GUI or NVR? It appears to be the router.

Your NVR may already be set to attain its network setting via DHCP.
Hi, yes it is router, in the settings for the nvr you have to put the default gateway in, I have done that but nvr wont save it, thats my problem, it says settings saved but they are not,tried several times.

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
+1^^.
When you do get to your NVR's webGUI or any camera webGUI, you may need to use IE11 or Palemoon 32 bit browsers to get settings to "save" (it appears you're using something other than iE).
HI, you set the nvr up by attaching a monitor to it, and nvr connected to internet via router, no browser involved,

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, you set the nvr up by attaching a monitor to it, and nvr connected to internet via router, no browser involved,
I'd give it a bogus gateway and DNS just to make sure it doesn't phone home.
Sorry I don't know what you mean, the nvr is working with 5 cameras showing on the monitor, just cant view remotely via mobile app or reolink client [windows ] The only thing I have found is the nvr wont save the default gateway, as stated it says it has but as soon as I change to another page in setup it disappears and goes back to 0.0.0.0 PS I am not very tech savvy

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it still within the return period?

Hi, Yes only received it Friday.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at that thread I linked and decide if that is the quality you want and the intended purpose of this system - do you want to just see something happened or be able to IDENTIFY who and what happened...

In addition to the great thread above that has pieced it all together collectively from members here with those cameras not working, this is an example from their marketing videos - do you see a person in this picture...yes, there is a person in this picture. This is why you cannot buy any system that you cannot change the shutter speed or control any other parameter. Could this provide anything useful for the police? The still picture looks great though except for the person and the blur of the vehicle... Will give you a hint - the person is in between the two columns:

1613251115189.png

Bad Boys
Bad Boys
Watcha gonna do
Watcha gonna do
When the camera can't see you

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Show us a picture of the network setup page on the NVR. If you intend to use DHCP then you don’t need to give it a router/gateway.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should also be able to launch the NVR's embedded webGUI by entering the NVR's LAN IP in a browser as I mentioned above; generally you can do just about everything via the webGUI as you can using the NVR screen and its attached monitor.

You've got nothing to lose by trying it, right?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The IP address and the subnet mask should be just left blank by you if using DHCP. Are those the values it assigned or did you input those? The default gateway should also be left blank as all of that is retrieved from the router automatically during DHCP advertisement.

I can already tell there is a screw up. The first picture you posted in the first post is of the router with an ip range of 192.168.1.x (mask of 255.255.255.0) and the last picture of the NVR you just posted has the NVR with an IP of 192.168.10.x. (mask of 255.255.255.0) That doesn't match the router network from your first picture.

You need to clear the IP information on the DVR. Just delete all the addresses and leave it set for DHCP.

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
The IP address and the subnet mask should be just left blank by you if using DHCP. Are those the values it assigned or did you input those? The default gateway should also be left blank as all of that is retrieved from the router automatically during DHCP advertisement.
Hi , those are what the nvr assigned

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR shouldn't be assigning anything if you have DHCP set. It all comes from the router. Clear out the IP information, set it for DHCP, save, and then reboot.

alljacque

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR shouldn't be assigning anything if you have DHCP set. It all comes from the router. Clear out the IP information, set it for DHCP, save, and then reboot.
Hi again, it is set for DHCP just like the picture shows. I will do as you advise tomorrow as the nvr is in a building outside to watch over my birds of prey, thanks for advise , hope it works, I am a bit long in the tooth but keep trying, once again thanks.

Last edited: