NVR (POE Dahua Cameras) vs Blue Iris use case

forumviewer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Friends,

I have 22 Dahua POE Camera setup that I am planning on installing in a business environment. The business employees are not computer savvy so I would prefer to have equipment that "just works" and doesn't require on premise work to fix.

I'm very comfortable with Windows and setting up a VPN so I figured the Blue Iris route is the best way to go but I'm not totally positive of the advantages that a NVR, likely a Dahua NVR would give over a Windows machine.

All of the networking equipment (POE switches) are already provided so I don't need a NVR that powers any cameras. I figured it would all simply be network based.

Will be rotating 30 days of recordings so was planning on achieving 40 tb worth of data storage.

Any comments on a high level pro and con of using a NVR particularly using Dahua cameras versus going with an i7 based upon Windows machine running Blue Iris? If you recommend NVR route any particular model?

I don't know if it matters but I plan on having three televisions with 2 displaying 8 cameras and the 3rd displaying 6 cameras near the network room.