NVR LAYOUT 9 CAMERAS FIXED

hakab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a DAHUA DHI-NVR5232-EI NVR and 9 dahua cameras connected.
The NVR is connected with the HDMI cable directly to the screen without using the mouse. I would like to set to display the 9 fixed cameras in the 9 layout but every time I restart the NVR the setting is lost and I am forced to connect a mouse to set it. How can I do this without a mouse?
I did a workaround by setting a fixed tour of these 9 cameras so I can modify it remotely and it works even without the mouse but when I restart the NVR this setting is also lost (even when I exit and return the setting is lost on the screen).
Thank you

hakab

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't restart it voluntarily but it happens that the power goes out and the UPS turns off

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Get a UPS! Hook up the monitor to the UPS too but, turn off
the monitor as soon as you can.

hakab

n3wb
Reaction score
Ottieni un UPS! Collega anche il monitor all'UPS ma spegnilo
il monitor appena possibile.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ok yes the UPS is already there but I ask is there a way to set the NVR to show the 9 cameras in 9 layout by default on the HDMI output? Even remotely would be fine with me. Can I throw a string api to set it? The problem is that the NVR is closed in a server room in a remote location and through an HDMI extender I get to the monitor where I cannot put a computer. In the event of a nightly blackout I cannot send someone to the server room to set the settings with the mouse.

Ty

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even remotely would be fine with me.
Shameless self promo to a video I did with Zero channel preview.
Notice in the layout options of zero channel preview I have the option of a 9 split. When you change it in Smart PSS, the NVR's screen (HDMI/VGA) also changes to that split.

Can I throw a string api to set it?
You bet ya!

With the magic of HTTP API v3.26 the set split screen command for channels 1-9 in a split of 9 is:
HTML:
http://192.168.1.108/cgi-bin/split.cgi?action=setMode&channel=1&mode=split9&group=0

Channel=1 is starting from channel 1.
Split=9 is the split of 9. Or 1/4/8/9/16.
Group=0 is the number of channels your NVR supports divided by the screen split. E.g. you have a 16ch NVR and split it into 4, that means you have 4 groups of camera views (1-4/5-8/9-12/13-16).
There's API options for monitor tour as well (cycling through cameras).