NVR from Andy's store comes with POE ports??

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no poe.. it'd say P8 or P16 in model number if it had PoE ports.

ps: buy the 16ch its only +$10

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the advise. I have a Poe switch, but it would be an added luxury to have a few POE ports onboard. No big deal either way.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i dont think its much of a luxary, more of a PITA.. stick w/your external PoE and life will be good.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. The model I linked can record audio from the cam you mentioned.it also has h.265, does h.265 have better compression than 264? What are overall advantages of h.265?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
think of it like this..

H264 came out when 1080p HD TV Came out
H265 came out when 4k UHD TV Came out

H265 is higher compressed for the same equivalent quality, but its still very new and few things have hardware decoding support for h265.. without hardware support trying to play back the files or view the realtime streams will crush your devices..

Right now most people will want to stick w/h264 unless they are adventurous, all TV's, Tablets, Phones, and Computers made in the last decade will handle h264 video w/out much trouble.

Chicken and Egg thing, the codec comes first.. then devices that can record in that codec, and finally devices will slowly start being introduced w/hardware to play it.. for example only the latest and greatest Intel chipsets have h265 support.. I just got an 4k AndroidTV box that supports h265.. but my phones and tablets and laptop dont have new enough hardware in em yet.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr have you run into heating issues with Dahua NVRs? it seems with 2 HDD spinning that could be an issue? I did not see anything about onboard fans. I have fans laying around I can use if needed.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the assistance. i was just going to put 4 Delta server fans beside the NVR lol.

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
by the way, is it any cheaper to have Andy send me an invoice, or just the same to buy from his aliexpress via paypal?

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the assistance. i was just going to put 4 Delta server fans beside the NVR lol.
Fans are okay but not when the NVR is in your room.

I have the 4-channel POE version with a single HDD, didn't know it had a cute side fan from looking at the diagrams, but was a bit disappointed when I found out post purchase.