NVR for 16 Cameras

tmcdon

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been browsing the forums for a couple of days now reading but I decided it was probably time to ask some specific questions.

I am pricing out a system for a company that currently has 13 cameras they need replaced with HD versions recording 30fps 24/7. (its not for surveillance but they use the videos for promotional purposes) They want the option to add more cameras in the future.

Their current NVR is a Panasonic WJ-ND400.
They don't like the system much, and they are looking for something a little less hardware locked.

I have been looking at Blue Iris for the software but I'm seeing that it can be pretty intensive on the cpu, or is that just when its doing motion detection? I don't believe they are interested in the motion detection since they will be recording all the time.
I'm also not dead set on Blue Iris if there is a better solution at a reasonable price point for that many cameras.

What kind of processor would be needed? The budget is pretty loose, so overkill isn't an issue I'm just not sure what a good baseline for 13-16 cameras would be.

I appreciate the help and input!

Last edited by a moderator: