NVR email test working but no IVS event email

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, up until recently I had one of my cameras sending an email with snapshot work ok. Didn’t realise but it has now stopped being sent !! Do not remember stopping them and have as far as I can see not unchecked anything!!! For example have ivs set up, it’s adding it in the search function as intelligence in blue, have snapshot and email checked, also records snapshot 24/7. Any ideas anyone?? Driving me mad as I said when on email setup under network the test says success

Steve

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When did you first realize you are not getting anything? Gmail and others have tightened their algorithms to combat spam and bot email, so you have to go thru some other steps to get email now for many providers. Do a search here for gmail as an example and see the additional steps needed.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks wittaj I am using btinternet as my email as previous gmail stopped !! Is it possible that the test would get through but the nvr alert with snapshot could be prevented?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes mate it’s still checked on …like I said I hadn’t turned anything off but hadn’t noticed it had stopped sending emails!! Would the test email getting through to me mean that in theory the email is working and not being stopped?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know there have been issues surrounding the email notifications but is there a genuine good fix to this ? Ie is there a 100% email supplier that works without issue?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes the test proves it can connect to your email server and authenticate.

Try a reboot;)

Are you sure the email is getting triggered to begin with? IVS is showing and recording events?

I have my own email server through my personal domain so no problems.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes spent all morning getting ivs trip wires and intrusion to work!! It’s adding as intelligent on the time line on recording, I rebooted nvr also this morning and can’t think what else it could be …. Frustrating

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the algorithm can somehow detect whether it was a test that you manually triggered versus an automated from the VMS. Not saying that is your issue, but it can certainly happen.