NVR DS-9016HFI doesn´t connect to hik-connect

JoseVD

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I have an NVR DS-9016HFI wich with the old firmware worked like a charm connecting thru hik-online service. I upgrade it to v3.4.4 build 170522 to use the h.264+ coding protocol and the old connecting method is not available, only hik-connect.

My problem is that i have a disconnected (connection to server failed) message. The NVR has access to internet, I can connect to it from Internet using the Internet providers IP, I´ve checked if the dev.hik-connect.com is reached by ping and telnet and the connection from a pc is succesful. I´ve tried turning off and on uPnP and changing the port forwarding but nothing help. I tried connecting other devices like cameras and hik-connect works great but not with the NVR.

How do I fix it?

Thank you for your help

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If problems started from upgrading FW, i would reccomend factory default. Then use static IP with google DNS.

It should work. Maybe the problem is in FW difference ( old vs new ), it's a known "problem".

JoseVD

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer.

I´ve restored the nvr to the default settings. I didn´t want to do these so I don´t want to reconfigure it again, but I did restored it. At first it goes online for a while. I try to add it using the cel app and it takes a long and than an inestable connection message shows. I´ve tryied using the hik-connect webpage but an unknown error shows. Then the hik-connect status goes offline again and (0x13) error is shown.

I´ve restored a few times and every time happens the same.