NVR doesn't take snapshot from one cam

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, today, I've faced a strange issue, the system is composed by one NVR 5208-8P-4KS2, four IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and two IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, all devices with the latest firmware available on the dahua internatonal website. I configured the continuous recording for all channels, and the four alarm inputs, for record, snapshot, and send mail. The issue is that one camera, on channel D6 (IPC-HDW5831R-ZE), doesn't take the snapshot, and so, it cannot even send the image, when its alarm input is triggered ....

I1, rec, snap and mail from D1 and D2, ok,
I2, rec, snap and mail from D3 and D4, ok
I3, rec, snap and mail from D4 and D5, ok

I4, rec, snap and mail from D5 and D6 ...
D5 rec, snap and mail ok
D6 rec ok, no snap and then no attached in mail

Under storage, schedule, snapshot schedule, the D6 channel is set exactly as for the other channels.
To be honest, today, from the web page of the NVR, I opened the web page of the problematic cam, I restored to factory default settings this cam, then, I've been able to get a couple of snapshots, wihle triggering the alarm input 4, but after that, no more images, and nothing in the logs..... Also restored to factory default the NVR, but after having reconfigured it, still the same issue....
Any hint ?
Cheers,
jonatha

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
wihle triggering the alarm input 4, but after that, no more images, and nothing in the logs.
In the playback timeline, do you see the event? Orange (IVS), yellow (MD)
ie: did an event really occur? That may be root cause, not an email/snapshot problem.....

Fastb

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see the red event (alarm input) in the timeline for recording, and blue event for pics, yes, but for D5 both rec and pics, for D6 only rec, no pics (even though the config is the same for all the channels).... But, after having resetted that camera (D6 channel) a couple of pics were captured, during the event, but after that, no more, only the event in recording
Cheers,
jonatha

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Replaced the 5831R-ZE with a spare 5231R-ZE, now pics are there (and even in the mail). Before replace the cam, I've tried different firmware, with a reset to default after each upgrade, but nothing, tried even with another NVR (same model, 5208-8P-4KS2), same exact behavior, five cameras ok, the last (5831R-ZE) not, so I reinstalled the 'old' NVR and replaced the camera, all six cameras ok...
I'll ask to Andy ....
Cheers,
jonatha

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
@redfive
I'm planning to buy 2x 5831R-ZE cams, can you tell me if they are good as 5231R-Z ?
Thanks