Nvr Dhaua IP Camera Problem

credinho

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a Dhaua Nvr (model DHI-NVR2104HS-S3 to which I have 4 IP Dhaua cameras conected bi Wi-Fi.

They work fine, the only problem I have is that when for some reason the power goes off at home I lose the acess tô the cameras thrue the NVR/Dmss app and have to add the cameras again in the nvr page.

I think the problem is related to the cameras IP, when they get a new IP the NVR doesn't update it and I have to do it manually, but I only can do it at home, not remotly, which is very inconvenient. I have tried to settle the cameras to static IP but then I got problems with IP conflits with other devices.

Is there any way I can solve this by some kind of nvr configuration that I am not aware? Or at least is there any way I can add the New cameras IP in dmss app remotly when I am not at home?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
I see that the NVR is not POE so insure those unique, static IP's are all in the same subnet as the router's LAN.

credinho

n3wb
Reaction score
So this is a normal situation wright?
Thought it would be something more simple tô configure withouh having to set static IP.

Is there anyway I can access nvr configuration Page outside my local network so I cá search the New IP câmeras if the get a new IP?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The offered solution is hopefully good for your initial question. Your other question on your subsequent post is another matter.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this is a normal situation wright?
Thought it would be something more simple tô configure withouh having to set static IP.
Yes, it's normal for a non-POE NVR.
A NVR without built-in POE does not have a DHCP server to assign IP's to the cameras so those IP's must be assigned by the user and they must be in the same subnet as the NVR's LAN.
In other words, if the NVR's LAN IP is 192.168.1.108 (default for Dahua), then camera IP's must be static and in the subnet of 192.168.1.XXX.
Is there anyway I can access nvr configuration Page outside my local network so I cá search the New IP câmeras if the get a new IP?
Not that I would recommend for you.
For instance, if you attempt to install another Dahua cam that still has the default static IP of 192.168.1.108 you would want to insure before plugging it in that the NVR has had its LAN changed from that same default, say maybe to 192.168.1.110; that way when you plug in a new cam with .108 there will be no IP conflict and you can log into its embedded webGUI and change it to something other than .108.

credinho

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help, prety sure now about what was happening and how to fix it thanks to your replies.

I've intalled a mesh wifi network a few days ago and just found an option in the app of the routers that allows me to make address reservation for selected devices, which should be prety mutch the same as settling static IP avoiding IP conflits.

Will give it a try, if it doesn't work as expected will do just as you said.

Thank you very much once again and have a great weekend!