Number of Days Available in Playback?

JonsonWat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've recently set up an 8ch Dahua system with success. Everything is working fine but I cannot figure out why my system only records the last 9 days. Settings are pretty much straight out of the box. System is set to overwrite and there is over 3TB available on a 4TB HDD. Is this a setting that I'm completely missing? Thanks for any information.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
NVR model?, Camera models? Bitrate and FPS for each? (along with substream?)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You might want to consider replacing the HDD and double the capacity, assuming you keep the rest of the settings same. :)
To recoup hard disk space, also, disable your substream for each camera. You also probably don't need the max bitrate based on the specifications of your cameras. Most people set their frame rate to 15fps for each camera, but the value differs for each use.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I only get about 10-12 days on mine which I’m fine with.

As @Arjun mentions above, it’s a function of how many cams, bitrate, recording schedule, and HD size.

foghat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might want to consider replacing the HDD and double the capacity, assuming you keep the rest of the settings same. :)
To recoup hard disk space, also, disable your substream for each camera. You also probably don't need the max bitrate based on the specifications of your cameras. Most people set their frame rate to 15fps for each camera, but the value differs for each use.
I only get about 10-12 days on mine which I’m fine with.

As @Arjun mentions above, it’s a function of how many cams, bitrate, recording schedule, and HD size.
I suspect OPs query about only 9 days worth of recordings is more around this point:

System is set to overwrite and there is over 3TB available on a 4TB HDD