Notification on user login showing remote IP address. Is that possible?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So I have multiple neighbors to whom I will be giving access to a single "public" account so they can see my street-side cameras (as part of a neighborhood watch imitative). It's a short term "demo" to help them decide if they want to set up a similar camera system. I don't want to go through the trouble of creating a new user account for the 10 neighbors - but I would like to be notified when a user connects using the public credentials. And I'd like that notification to include the IP address of the remote device.

For example: User "public" logged in from IP address 123.456.789.012. However, I cannot seem to find a macro that will put that data into the text feel of the various notification methods.

Aside from retroactively looking at the log, is there a way to parse that info into a notification?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't have to go to all that effort as it is already built into BI (somewhat).

Go to Blue Iris status screen and at the bottom is Status Alerts - select that and then check the box remote access and then it will notify you whenever a user connects to the system.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You don't have to go to all that effort as it is already built into BI (somewhat).

Go to Blue Iris status screen and at the bottom is Status Alerts - select that and then check the box remote access and then it will notify you whenever a user connects to the system.
Thanks, I knew that already, but was trying to limit the notifications to just that one account.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If someone doesn't know the macro or how to parse it from the log, another way is to send it to an email and set up a forward message only for the account you want to be notified on?