Norton says SADP is unsafe and quaranitines the file.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to turn off Norton Auto Protect/Sonar Protection to install

I have to believe SADP is safe, so many people are using it.

I got the download from Hikvision.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I stopped using Norton a decade ago...too many issues and I now use Eset Nod32. No more pain.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I stopped using Norton a decade ago...too many issues and I now use Eset Nod32. No more pain.
+1 on that. Norton is a memory hog and not that great. Eset is one of the best antivirus softwares out there IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on that. Norton is a memory hog and not that great. Eset if one of the best antivirus software out there IMHO.
We buy a 20-user pack every couple of years and...as far as I can figure...Eset doesn't count installations...I try not to be a hog, but I'm reasonably certain that I'm well over the 20 installs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Since 2009 norton has been very light. I use it exclusively with great results.. I never had it flag sadp.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks! I disabled Norton and got SADP installed and it runs. I'll keep Eset in mind when my Norton subscription runs out.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To each his own with antivirus programs. I've dealt with many different antivirus programs over the years but my least favorites are Norton and McAfee. They're memory hogs and not that reliable in my opinion.

The ones that I have recommended to my clients are Eset and Kaspersky. I've used Eset for many years, but now am using Kaspersky. Both are great antivirus programs. I've uninstalled Norton and McAfee on many systems to improve speed and performance. Eset and Kaspersky are my personal preference over many years but I'm sure others will have their own preferences.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To each his own with antivirus programs. I've dealt with many different antivirus programs over the years but my least favorites are Norton and McAfee. They're memory hogs and not that reliable in my opinion.

The ones that I have recommended to my clients are Eset and Kaspersky. I've used Eset for many years, but now am using Kaspersky. Both are great antivirus programs. I've uninstalled Norton and McAfee on many systems to improve speed and performance. Eset and Kaspersky are my personal preference over many years but I'm sure others will have their own preferences.
Have you used norton since 2009? Before then it was terrible. It has since improved dramatically. I have it installed on about 50 machines with no problems...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Eset and Kaspersky are my personal preference over many years but I'm sure others will have their own preferences.
Yeah...but when the Russians attack Kaspersky will make your computer blow up and kill your family smiley3.gif

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you used norton since 2009? Before then it was terrible. It has since improved dramatically. I have it installed on about 50 machines with no problems...
Nah, haven't used it in years. I've been uninstalling the trial versions on most of my clients PC's (laptops) that include it. I usually recommend Eset to them and most go for it.

I had one client recently that had Norton anti-theft installed. I couldn't remove that one. It kept asking for a user name and password to uninstall it. The client was not happy because they said they never gave them a user name (or email address) or password in the first place. I told them they'd have to go to Norton's (Symantec) website and chat with one of their reps to get it uninstalled. Anyways I installed Eset for them and they were happy. :)

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey the women can cook and they look a better than the British ones that's for sure, but truth be told not many of us real Brit's left, were all leaving for Canada lol