nood need some help

Hans007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey folks, i have been reading the forum for some time now trying to learn some more before buy. but for we it still is like a jungle with so mange different branding name for what the model can and cant do..
and i therefor have some questions that i hope one of you could answer..
after a lot of reading and searching here and on net i found that i should go with a Dahua, as ill get more for the money.. but the big question is what should i look for. i know that most of the experts here in the forum would say buy a bullet or turrent.. but what if im on the dome road. which model could you suggest..?

i have been look at IPC-HDBW5431R-z Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology 4mp and 2,8mm or should i go with a 3,6mm as i found them on the internet for the same price..

And if i instead select how is the bullet IPC-HFW4431E Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology
Or should i go the the IPC-HFW5431E Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
From my experience here I'd suggest checking out Empire Security, Andy, for Dahua products. Great pricing, very fast shipping and overall good service. Plus, you get a camera that has the right firmware on it right out of the box.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hit the link in my signature for my “cliff notes“, which has a lot of good information on Dahua

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks, i have been reading the forum for some time now trying to learn some more before buy. but for we it still is like a jungle with so mange different branding name for what the model can and cant do....
i have been look at IPC-HDBW5431R-z ..
Hi Hans,

Definitely check out giomania's notes, very useful.

I would recommend skipping the 4MP model and going with one of the following instead

For daytime lighting conditions I like the 4k / 8MP Dahua OEM cameras.
For low light conditions I like the 2MP Dahua Starlight cameras.

The Turret style I think works very well for most cases better than the bullet.

Please see #15 in my notes for Andy's info, let him know you are a member, as he gives a slight discount to those here as we're helping each other out here.
I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hans007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you all for your inputs and help.. one last question, are you using dahua nvr or PC. because im thinking of using a spare pc that i have. but dont know which software to use and cant see to find a comparison/ side-by-side test..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your inputs and help.. one last question, are you using dahua nvr or PC. because im thinking of using a spare pc that i have. but dont know which software to use and cant see to find a comparison/ side-by-side test..
Hi Hans007,

If your PC is old it maybe not the best option. A lot of the folks here really like Blue Iris - there's a section here on it. In general for that you want a newer gen i5/i7 cpu.

I am using a NVR from Dahua - NVR5216-16P-4KS2 - there's a thread on it. It works well enough for me, and allowed me to more quickly make my purchase and get setup in a smaller space.

If you have a newer PC with a good CPU - then take a look at Blue Iris and getting a nice PoE switch.