No Web Software Working on 5431 from Andy.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
240V comes out of the plugs in the wall here.
This camera is plugged into a router.
Infrastructure? Don't know what you mean. Network infrastructure? Broadband router/modem connection. Camera plugged into it. PC plugged into the router. 6 more pc's and foscams wirelessly connected.
I have no PoE switch.
I don't know about how to factory reset this camera. I'm waiting for that kind of advice/direction from people who know.
I only knows countries with 230V mains, never heard about 240V. So I was wondering of beeing wrong.
You were fireing everything over WLAN? 6 of what? Did you know, that a 2,4Ghz WLAN with one Antenna has a throughput around of 45Mbit in praxis for devices with one antenna? Your infrastructure has not directly to do with your actual camera problem, but with SoHo components and depending of your building and neighbours always a bad way to use a cam with wlan. I give you a hint, how a professional is installing an outdoor cam. Why should I explain it in detail, when you knows it better and has nothing to do with your "stop working" problem directly.
Doing a facory reset is simple. I have not the time to explain everything, what is beeing simple to find by a search here.

I was holding it, going to move it somewhere else and it switched off.
I wriggled and bent and turned the wires carefully every which way. Most especially of course the ethernet and power connections.
But also I taped up those loose bare wires so's they couldn't cause any problems.

I was unable to get it switch back on.
It still can be a power or network problem. Change the power supply, or better take a poe injector for the next try. Use another switch instead, change ports, how long is the led of the switch on between on and of? how log is it off? The sonia watchdog resets the cam around 1min after hanging up. If you have a bootloop you still see the nav bars in browser and can navigate through them. This behaviour is normal. It lasts a while till the plugin noticed a timeout.

With PSS it found the camera and reported it as offline because of an invalid user ! I was able to log in and get it online and got beaut video, no trouble. I played with that for a while and thought everything looks good and I'll move the camera.
I assume you have configured only admin. Bad idea. And you are using port forwarding? Together with Foscam and maybe also for the dahua cam?
Close all open firewall ports, don´t use port forwarding, vpn is a bit more work but the securest way. Under some specific setups I also use P2P as alternative, but I use a separate vlan forthese cams or an nvr with poe. P2P Is not so secure like VPN but much better then port forwarding. maybe you network is under attack. Everytime use separate users for admin and users. If the admin is blocked by security of dahua, you can´t access the cam till next reboot or timeout. Using a second admin prevents you from this.