No video of HFW81230E-Z with any explorer, but with Smart PSS

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I am using different IPCs from Dahua. When I log into the Web surface to change setting, I everytime see the live-video, the recordings and the video for set up camera parameters.

At every camera? No. The HFW81230E-Z makes problems - everything is possible, but NO video is shown. Not the live stream, not the recordings and not for set up of anything. I am using different exporers (firefox, Edge ("this plug in is not supportet"), Explorer). With Smart PSS everything is possible. I am using the latest available version:

System-Version 2.640.0000008.0.R, Build Date: 2021-09-09
WEB Version V3.2.1.1111474
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.3.580229)

What might be the problem with the camera / settings?

Many thanks for any ideas.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try Pale Moon browser, the 32 bit version. It's a quirk of Dahua cameras and some are very sensitive to what browser is used. Alternately, try Chrome with the Internet Explorer plug-in.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I just tried this.
Result: plug in is missing. Where can I download the right version for this - there are different version available!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that specific camera, but have you looked at firmware to see if there's a newer version that may not require Adobe Flash? If the camera is a true International version it should be upgradeable. If it's a hacked Chinese firmware upgrading may brick the cameras, so use caution in deciding to upgrade. If you can control it using the Dahua Toolbox I wouldn't bother upgrading if it serves your needs otherwise. Check in this thread area for firmware -

Dahua Toolbox -

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs: no real solution found. But I leaft there also the question whether anybody have an idea.

@garycrist: I have two computers. The explorer is on this one, where I don't have admin rights. Is it still possible to download the explorer and to install it to a standard win10 computer?

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just tried whether my Surveillance Station (synology) is occupying the camera. Hence to deactivited the Surveillance Station. No change.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The core problem seems, that the FW of the IPC needs Adobe flash. But this is not more available at all. Any Idea?
Further I am not successful to install internet explorer 11: I download the file from microsoft and followed the installation. Reboot is necessary. But the explorer is not available afterwards !?! Why?

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried Ruffle as a replacement for Adobe flash.
Result: Ruffle stated "Something went wrong :(", "Ruffle failed to lead the SWF file, The most likely rason is that the file no longer exists, so there is nothing for Ruffle to lead. Try contacting the website admininstrator for help."

Hmmmmm, not good.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Win10 still has Explorer available. Just type "explorer" into the search box and a link will pop right up. They'll try to get you to "upgrade" to upgrade to Edge, but just blow by that and use Explorer.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not really:

1635702638387.png

Maybe the problem is, that my system is already upgraded to Edge? Do I have to downgrade it?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you click on "explorer" there it won't run? That's surprising. I have Edge, for what it's worth on both my laptop and desktop, and can run Explorer on both with no problem. It may need admin privileges though, but I'm not sure about that. It really shouldn't need admin rights to run.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I am clicking on "Explorer" I am startin the file explorer only and NOT the internet explorer.

Hmmmmm....

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's weird. I get file explorer and Internet Explorer. Does this machine have a clean install of Win 10 on it and is it the home or pro edition?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Never update Win10 or any WIndows product unless it's absolutely, positively, unavoidably, necessary. They might have removed Internet Explorer to force people to use Edge which is a piece of junk.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You might be right. I see only the savety issue, so that updates are highly recommended.

How to proceed with the missing video for the IPC? Flash seems not to work at any Firefox,.... any more.
I need to have a solution - SmartPSS is not really usable. I would prefer more the direct setup via Web surface.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got me there. You're caught in the trap of technology moving past the technology you have. Adobe Flash has gone the way of the dinosaurs. If it's any consolation, I have a couple that I can no longer see video on directly, too, so I end up switching between Blue Iris and the camera interface in a web browser to see what I'm doing when I make adjustments. Yeah, it's a pain in the neck, but it's doable.

eagle_eye

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
F... !
Do you know whether Opera or any other SW is still covering the flash gap?

BTW: you can use a not-updated Win system only, if it is really stand-alone. When you have any contact to the outer world, you have very fast problems ...