No video in webview, even though the page itself loads?

Reaction score
So I've been testing the demo(v4) out and so far just about everything works to my satisfaction. But then I got to the web server part.

While I can remotely access the default2.htm, no actual video loads. It just remains on "Connecting..." forever for any stream. The clips on the left side stay as large red X's.

I even tried that UI2 and can now watch the BI computer CPU % update in real time, but no video loads beneath it.

I'm fairly certain just loading these pages implies port forwarding is correct, but I shut off the firewall just to make sure, to no avail.

Of course I can remote access the BI computer and watch / control it that way, but I feel this remote view should be viewable... what am I missing here?

edit: I should add the Java JPEG refresh likewise shows nothing.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Yep and yep. Rebooted after ActiveX installation as well. Tried accessing from both Win 7 and Win 10 computers, no change. Similar results with the jpegpull, jpegpull2 etc.

Interestingly, I tried visiting the remote page on the machine running the Blue Iris itself and it still wouldn't load either. I guess this means I'm missing some support package or something in Windows? Either that or BI isn't sending out anything?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep and yep. Rebooted after ActiveX installation as well. Tried accessing from both Win 7 and Win 10 computers, no change. Similar results with the jpegpull, jpegpull2 etc.

Interestingly, I tried visiting the remote page on the machine running the Blue Iris itself and it still wouldn't load either. I guess this means I'm missing some support package or something in Windows? Either that or BI isn't sending out anything?
can you see anything via the mobile app?

Reaction score
I haven't purchased the mobile app since I'm still evaluating the Blue Iris program as well.

On my tablets I've been using TinyCam and linking directly to the rtsp feed from the camera (thereby bypassing BlueIris). The ports involved are entirely different so there shouldn't be any overlap.

Aside from Chrome and Java there's nothing else installed on the computer BlueIris is on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't purchased the mobile app since I'm still evaluating the Blue Iris program as well.

On my tablets I've been using TinyCam and linking directly to the rtsp feed from the camera (thereby bypassing BlueIris). The ports involved are entirely different so there shouldn't be any overlap.

Aside from Chrome and Java there's nothing else installed on the computer BlueIris is on.
Have you tried IE11? Its still available in windows 10..

Reaction score
Yep, ran it via iexplore.exe.

To doubly confirm it's not a port forwarding problem, I enabled DMZ temporarily and the same problem persists lol.

Tried disabling antivirus on both ends as well.

If it's not some setting in BI perhaps there's a permissions issue at play. I'll install BI on another Win 7 machine tomorrow and see if that can output a web server.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, ran it via iexplore.exe.

To doubly confirm it's not a port forwarding problem, I enabled DMZ temporarily and the same problem persists lol.

Tried disabling antivirus on both ends as well.

If it's not some setting in BI perhaps there's a permissions issue at play. I'll install BI on another Win 7 machine tomorrow and see if that can output a web server.
try another port...I would email the developer and see if he has any ideas...I dont recall ever seeing this issue...its not a forwarding issue if it doesnt work on the pc with blue iris installed...

Reaction score
Sadly, I've been trying random ports too... something in the 8000s, then 7000s, then 23000s... with confirmation from canyouseeme that the port is open. I still only get the Blue Iris webserver pages without the pictures.

I'm going to install Blue Iris on another machine first and see if that works before asking the dev. If it turns out to be a Win10 thing I can just downgrade back to Win 7.

Thanks for the help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, I've been trying random ports too... something in the 8000s, then 7000s, then 23000s... with confirmation from canyouseeme that the port is open. I still only get the Blue Iris webserver pages without the pictures.

I'm going to install Blue Iris on another machine first and see if that works before asking the dev. If it turns out to be a Win10 thing I can just downgrade back to Win 7.

Thanks for the help!
I dont think its a windows 10 issue, others are using blue iris with windows 10 with no issues....

Reaction score
Definitely not a Win10 issue, because it's user stupidity.

The webcast checkmark in the camera options was unticked.

Enabling JPEG, MJPEG, H.264 web/mobile streaming allowed the streaming to work...

Attachments