No video from Dahua camera (HFW3449EP)

AG918

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem of connecting Dahua HFW3449EP-AS-LED-0360B to Milestone Essential+ after upgrading the firmware to V2.800.0000000.37.R. to make it short:
  1. The camera is successfully added to Milestone as an ONVIF camera and is listed in the Camera list.
  2. I can access the camera from the browser and also using gDMSS app on the mobile phone. It streams perfectly fine, all 2 video streams.
  3. However, I cannot see video in Milestone, both XProtect Management client and Smart client. It returns 'No video' & 'connection is broken'.
I tried changing the codec, enabling/disabling audio (based on Milestone help library) - nothing works.

I also have other Dahua cameras (HFW5442T-AS-LED ) working perfectly with Milestone. Only the HFW3449EP causes the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AG918

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally, I've fixed the problem. Upon inspecting DeviceHandling.log, I noticed multiple warnings for that camera:

Device communication error (OpenMediaStreamException). Error: Unable to open media stream

Due to some reasons, the main stream was missing in the Management Client, i.e. the 1st stream referred to the camera's secondary stream. Deleting and adding the camera didn't help, but a hard reset via camera's reset button - did. Now everything is back to normal.