No signal on cloned camera

DigitalPackrat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have multiple BI installs at different sites, all running 4.8.2.3. Site A has 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras recorded locally but also cloned as view only cameras at site B over a VPN. This was done by exporting the cameras at site A and importing them at site B and works fine on 2 of 3 cameras.

The 3rd camera was rotated physically 90° then changed in the camera settings Video Adjustment Mirror to Center and Rotate to ON. After changing the Video Adjustment settings in the camera site B went to No signal in BI. Deleting the camera at site B, re-importing it from site A or recreating it from scratch make do difference. Strangely BI does pickup the rotated camera format for the camera view. Even more confusing if a add a second copy of the same camera at site B, the 2nd copy of the camera works intermittently but stops working if I change any settings in the 1st copy including deleting or disabling the 1st copy. Changing the settings back in the camera made no difference on site B, site A keeps working either way.

I included a couple of screenshots of the weirdness at site B below. The left camera 15 is the 2nd copy on the right is the 1st copy camera 13. It doesn't act like any other no signal I have seen, with copies of itself within the window infinitely getting smaller. The 1st copy also sometimes stops showing no signal and just blanks out. Any ideas?

ScreenShot233.jpgScreenShot234.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have multiple BI installs at different sites, all running 4.8.2.3. Site A has 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras recorded locally but also cloned as view only cameras at site B over a VPN. This was done by exporting the cameras at site A and importing them at site B and works fine on 2 of 3 cameras.

The 3rd camera was rotated physically 90° then changed in the camera settings Video Adjustment Mirror to Center and Rotate to ON. After changing the Video Adjustment settings in the camera site B went to No signal in BI. Deleting the camera at site B, re-importing it from site A or recreating it from scratch make do difference. Strangely BI does pickup the rotated camera format for the camera view. Even more confusing if a add a second copy of the same camera at site B, the 2nd copy of the camera works intermittently but stops working if I change any settings in the 1st copy including deleting or disabling the 1st copy. Changing the settings back in the camera made no difference on site B, site A keeps working either way.

I included a couple of screenshots of the weirdness at site B below. The left camera 15 is the 2nd copy on the right is the 1st copy camera 13. It doesn't act like any other no signal I have seen, with copies of itself within the window infinitely getting smaller. The 1st copy also sometimes stops showing no signal and just blanks out. Any ideas?

View attachment 34344View attachment 34345
Is site B streaming the camera from the camera of from the site A BI install? If from the camera, it may be overloading it because the rotation may be using camera processing power.