No rotate option for Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an Annke C800 (which I believe is a rebadged DS-2CD2383G0-I) that I would like to rotate 90 degrees within the camera itself, rather than rely on BlueIris to do it via software. I have installed Hikvision firmware on the camera, but the option to rotate seems to be missing. I don't know if this is a limitation of being an Annke-rebranded device, or if I have overlooked something.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

Reaction score
Apologies for the lack of clarity - if I rotate the ball (as I wish to do, to give a portrait rather than landscape image), I need to the rotate the image 90 degrees in order to get the image into the correct orientation (up being up, rather than up being left). Doing this through the software results in significant delay....but I can't seem to find the option in the HIKVISION menus.

Hopefully that helps clarify things!

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What options are there in the Mirror pulldown menu? Maybe it's there...

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an Annke C800 (which I believe is a rebadged DS-2CD2383G0-I) that I would like to rotate 90 degrees within the camera itself, rather than rely on BlueIris to do it via software. I have installed Hikvision firmware on the camera, but the option to rotate seems to be missing. I don't know if this is a limitation of being an Annke-rebranded device, or if I have overlooked something.

Any help would be appreciated

I believe the option to flip is under mirror drop down.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Whilst the mirror option does work, it simply inverts the image rather than allowing me to rotate it 90 degrees. Part of the problem is that by mirroring the image a) I still cannot get the top of the image to be the top of the camera feed (if that makes sense) and b) it does not correct the 16:9 aspect ratio to be 9:16 like like rotating the image would.

Thanks for the input thus far, any other ideas appreciated!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

Whilst the mirror option does work, it simply inverts the image rather than allowing me to rotate it 90 degrees. Part of the problem is that by mirroring the image a) I still cannot get the top of the image to be the top of the camera feed (if that makes sense) and b) it does not correct the 16:9 aspect ratio to be 9:16 like like rotating the image would.

Thanks for the input thus far, any other ideas appreciated!
Given its a rebranded Hikvision I would try the following to see if there’s a difference:

- Hard Reset: Reset the device with the current firmware to see if the option appears.

- Firmware: I would try a lower / higher version of firmware from both vendors to see if the option is present. Some regions have older vs newer firmware located in their support site. North America is notorious for being well behind EU in firmware listings.

- Support: I would send in a support request to see what they can do or provide insight as to next steps.

Reaction score
Hi All,

So a reset didn't work and I tried a few different firmware versions with no success. I already had H.265+ disabled. So I guess perhaps time to raise it with Hikvision.

Thank you for your input :)

loome

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the same for the model DS-2CD2H23G2-IZS although there is rotation mentioned in the datasheet and the pricelist :/

loome

n3wb
Reaction score
Disable smart/+ codec.
This is the way when you have the rotate option in the camera configuration menu, however at least in my case there isn't. It is not just set up to "NO", I don't have such option at all.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but do you have the gain setting under exposure? It’s missing for me on the latest GB firmware for this camera.

jondotcom

n3wb
Reaction score
I encountered a similar issue where the "Rotate" option wasn't visible in the expected location (Configuration > Image > Video Adjustment) with my Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-L bullet camera, and came across this thread. I was replacing my old DS-2CD2032-I cameras which had this feature and the "Rotate" option is visible on the Video Adjustment section. As others have indicated, the product detail page for the 2CD2087 says it had the "Rotate" feature but the option doesn't show up within the firmware. Only Mirror (which is different than "Rotate") and "Video Standard" show under the Video Adjustment section, where Rotate is supposed to be. I have multiple cameras of this same model with different firmware versions, none of which had the Rotate option present.

In talking to Hikvision support, I was told "the option is there" even though it didn't show up. Additionally, the manual talks about the Rotate feature and that the option should be there.

I was finally able to get the issue escalated and was advised that a setting needs to be changed to make the rotate feature show.

Go to System > System Settings > VCA Resource and change the mode to Monitoring. In my case, it was set to "Smart Event" (the default setting from the factory) which disables the Rotate option.

I suggested to the Hikvision support technician that putting this info in the Manual would have been helpful, as there's no way I would have found it on my own.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to find the missing Rotate option on their Hikvision camera.

abductors

n3wb
Reaction score
I encountered a similar issue where the "Rotate" option wasn't visible in the expected location (Configuration > Image > Video Adjustment) with my Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-L bullet camera, and came across this thread. I was replacing my old DS-2CD2032-I cameras which had this feature and the "Rotate" option is visible on the Video Adjustment section. As others have indicated, the product detail page for the 2CD2087 says it had the "Rotate" feature but the option doesn't show up within the firmware. Only Mirror (which is different than "Rotate") and "Video Standard" show under the Video Adjustment section, where Rotate is supposed to be. I have multiple cameras of this same model with different firmware versions, none of which had the Rotate option present.

In talking to Hikvision support, I was told "the option is there" even though it didn't show up. Additionally, the manual talks about the Rotate feature and that the option should be there.

I was finally able to get the issue escalated and was advised that a setting needs to be changed to make the rotate feature show.

Go to System > System Settings > VCA Resource and change the mode to Monitoring. In my case, it was set to "Smart Event" (the default setting from the factory) which disables the Rotate option.

I suggested to the Hikvision support technician that putting this info in the Manual would have been helpful, as there's no way I would have found it on my own.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to find the missing Rotate option on their Hikvision camera.
Thanks, this got back the missing option. However, its annoying as you lose all the smart functions (IVS, intrusion detection areas, human/vehicle filtering etc.)