No recording

ffzeus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an issue with one of my cameras. Hoping someone has run into something similar.

Have 3 Dahua 5442 cameras. All configured identically in BI. They all alert and send the alert to my phone. Two will record when triggered/alerted, but the third only alerts and then says nothing found. I have triple checked the settings, and they are identical. Trying to determine why this one does not record. Camera 4 of 5 total.

BI 5.5.9.3

Dahua firmware 8.40

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With it coming back as nothing found that means you are using deepstack or sense AI so it is probably a problematic field of view trying to do too much with.

Post field of of screenshots and if if haven't checked the save .Dat files then do that so you can see why AI is not triggering.

ffzeus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I indeed have Deepstack running, and enabled for this camera. I unticked that box, and the camera recorded (all my lawn sprinkler doing their thing). I will play with the sensitivity and motion settings to see if I can dial that in better. The only concerning piece is, it would not record people walking through that camera with Deepstack enabled, which was the intended purpose of that camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You just need to spend some time dialing in the settings. And recognize that some field of views are problematic.

For example, a wide 2.8mm camera on the 2nd story trying to AI for people 90 feet away will be problematic and almost impossible at night.

ffzeus

n3wb
Reaction score
You just need to spend some time dialing in the settings. And recognize that some field of views are problematic.

For example, a wide 2.8mm camera on the 2nd story trying to AI for people 90 feet away will be problematic and almost impossible at night.
Thank you. This camera is mounted on an eve about 7.5 feet from the ground and is looking at an area 20 feet deep x whatever the camera sees across.
I’ll tinker with the settings and see if I can dial it in. Thank you again for the help.