No reboot hikvision cam via EZVIZ or iVMS-4500 app??

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to reboot hikvision cams via the EZVIZ app? I see a bunch of other options like reformat SD card but no reboot. Ironically the EZVIZ desktop site has a factory restore option, but... no reboot. I know I can reboot remotely via DDNS or ivms software, but I’m looking specifically for the app.

SD card recording randomly craps out or doesn’t record (motion only) at all and a simple reboot fixes everything

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to reboot hikvision cams via the EZVIZ app? I see a bunch of other options like reformat SD card but no reboot. Ironically the EZVIZ desktop site has a factory restore option, but... no reboot. I know I can reboot remotely via DDNS or ivms software, but I’m looking specifically for the app.

SD card recording randomly craps out or doesn’t record (motion only) at all and a simple reboot fixes everything
Having to reboot it is not a proper solution. Try swapping for a good sd card purchased from a reputable distributor.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fair statement, but it didn’t answer my question... aside from having a crappy SD card, is there a way to reboot the Hikvision camera via the EZVIZ app or any other app. Is there a remote management app out there??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fair statement, but it didn’t answer my question... aside from having a crappy SD card, is there a way to reboot the Hikvision camera via the EZVIZ app or any other app. Is there a remote management app out there??
Oy...you'll learn the hard way.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get it Fenderman, The SD card thing isn’t the issue I’m trying to address right now. Especially since the camera is in a place where I can reach it everyday. I’ll replace it so it doesn’t crap out. (P.S. it’s a Samsung 128GB) Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned the whole SD card thing to begin with...

I’ve looked everywhere. I don’t see a way to remotely reboot the device except for iVms-4200 or remote’ing in to the cam itself. So... am I missing something here?? Any remote management apps out there that could do reboots?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for that clarification. EZVIZ allows you to “restore to default” from their desktop site but won’t let you reboot. Seems kinda stupid they don’t add such a simple feature