No Push Notifications

R4238ID

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using Blue Iris for over four years and think this is my first post here as I have always been able to find answers to my problems searching the forum. I now have an issue that I can't seem to find an answer to.

My push notifications on all of our devices stopped working, IPAD, iPhone and the wife's iPhone in January. We travel a lot and aren't home most days of the year so there were no changes to my system that I am aware of. I had initially thought it was relative to my license key but that wasn't the case. We just arrived home and in an effort to trouble shoot I am not seeing anything that would cause the problem.

I am running 4.8.6.3 - I know I am behind but like I said we travel most of the year and when we stop at home for a limited time I haven't wanted to upgrade because up until this point things were perfect. I made sure the devices were set for notifications. I have turned off the firewall on the PC. I have made sure that the devices are listed in the Mobile Devices tab. I have made sure in cameras properties > Alerts > Actions that Send a push notification to mobile app is checked. When I click configure and click test I get a message back stating "Test message sent to 0 devices" so it seems like something is a miss on my configuration.

I would greatly appreciate some help. We are leaving again in two days so I really dont want to upgrade as I won't have time to work out any bugs/config issues but really would like my notifications.

Thanks

Reaction score
If i understand correctly V4 the cert inside of BI is expired for apple. I had to upgrade to V5 to get it working again BUT... install V5 and then but date it to 5.2.7.12 IOS push appears to be broken after this version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As noted, you will need to upgrade to BI5 or use text/email notifications.
5.2.6.5 is that last stable update.