No-plugin no-app browser IP Cam for touristic purpose?

henq

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I am searching for a webcam that can be used to integrate a live view of a scene in a webpage.

Requirements:
  • just sending an url should give viewers acces to the live stream (or webpage with live stream embedded)
  • NO downloads, NO plugin, NO IE-only requirements
  • the same for mobile iOS and Android: view right away in browser, NO trip to app store
  • streaming to/via youtube is a welcome option (necessity for viewing on mobile??) *
  • NO subscription to cloud solution required
(*) like Lanzarote Airport Lanzarote Airport on Youtube
(is it all possible to stream to mobile without youtube? )

I've seen professional solutions, costing thousands $, I am looking for more on a budget
No tilt/pan/zoom needed
Indoor-only okay.
Searching on 'webcam' on Aliexpress and such is frustrating, as all the webcams for Zoom talk come up in the result.

TIA for any pointers.

noobi

n3wb
Reaction score
Some newer Dahua cameras have RTMP streaming functionality. You can set the camera to send its stream to Youtube and then embed the Youtube player on your webpage/share the Youtube URL.
Or you can just use some generic IP camera with RTSP stream output + a Raspberry Pi reading the stream and relaying it to Youtube with ffmpeg etc.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.

Yes, streaming to YT from a cam with functioning RTMP, or a cam's RSTP stream to OBS (or similar s/w) to YT, or Blue Iris to YT, etc. then embedding the link to the YT video in the web page is the quickest, less problematic, most flexible way to go, IMO.