No log events for pausing cameras?

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm usually at work whenever my lawn guy does my yard, so when I see from the alerts that it's him, I'll pause my cameras for, say, an hour.

He's not coming as often as he's supposed to, so before I talked to him, I thought I'd be able to just look in the Blue Iris"YYYYMM.txt" log files and get a list of all the times I've paused the cameras (that's the only time I pause any of my cameras). I don't see any log entries for when someone pauses a camera. Not a single entry. I opened several month's logs and I do not see where BI considers that a log-worthy event.

Does anyone know if there's a log where camera pausing is, in fact, being logged?

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh yes - as many things Blue Iris does, it'd be child's play I'm sure. I just wanted to exhaust my resources before emailing!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm usually at work whenever my lawn guy does my yard, so when I see from the alerts that it's him, I'll pause my cameras for, say, an hour.

He's not coming as often as he's supposed to, so before I talked to him, I thought I'd be able to just look in the Blue Iris"YYYYMM.txt" log files and get a list of all the times I've paused the cameras (that's the only time I pause any of my cameras). I don't see any log entries for when someone pauses a camera. Not a single entry. I opened several month's logs and I do not see where BI considers that a log-worthy event.

Does anyone know if there's a log where camera pausing is, in fact, being logged?
Use profiles instead. Setup a profile that simply turns off alerts during that time. That way you have a recording of what he did or did not do.
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/blue-iris-video-tutorials.22683/

BWB8771

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use stream 0 and 1 for each of the cameras for which I wish to receive alerts, so I record all motion via stream 0, and use stream 1 with masks, etc. for alerting.

I could have gone back and replayed footage of day-after-day, but it wasn't worth the time.

I emailed BI support, and Ken replied back that he could see that would be a useful thing to log, so we may see it included in future updates.