No Access to one CAM Web GUI behind NVR

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Need to connect the mouse to the NVR to delete the camera, add it again, WEB login can't be repaired.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I found all browsers blocked the port.

I don't think the port assignment is 10080 first as I installed 16 cameras and it was only on the last one that it assigned port 10080.
Well, I find myself in a situation where I cannot access one of four brand new cameras due to the assignment of 10080 port. The port is now blocked at the server level at google, cannot adjust browser settings to allow (for good reason). Any ideas on how to adjust camera settings for the camera that constantly ties itself to port 10080?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you show a snapshot of your camera registration page? Is this a Dahua PoE NVR?

I’m not having the problem with any of my cameras including the newest 2 month old one… I use IE mostly, sometimes Pale Moon

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you show a snapshot of your camera registration page? Is this a Dahua PoE NVR?

I’m not having the problem with any of my cameras including the newest 2 month old one… I use IE mostly, sometimes Pale Moon
1632249180466.png

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Dahua NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep looks fine on the Reg page, can you try IE or Pale Moon? Unfortunately Dahua cameras are all over the place with respect to browser compatibility …

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perhaps using Smart PSS a way around this problem? Currently I am logging into NVR from a laptop.

The port being blocked prevents me from changing camera settings directly in the camera for example, I want to disable the audio. Not a problem on three cameras, can't do it on the camera that assigns itself to pot 10080.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeahbut
1- SmartPSS only allows limited camera setting changes and it may not play well in doing so with the NVR which may override your changes

2- if you can run SmartPSS on a laptop you can click the IE icon via the NVR web interface using IE or pale moon and access the camera direct..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chrome seems to be the problem
Me gotta question....
I don't have a POE NVR, I use Blue Iris. But from what I've come to understand (I think) is that the POE NVR has it's own internal server network which assigns IP's (in this case) in the 10.1.XXX.XXX subnet and ithe NVR's LAN is generally like the ISP or a home LAN in the 192.168.XXX.XXX subnet.

If this is so, and @just some dude 's screenshot shows an NVR screen that has assigned such IP's to the connected cam's in the 10.1.XXX.XXX subnet, why is his browser (which I assumed was launched when he clicked on the big "e" to the right of its webGUI) trying to access a cam at 192.168.1.253 as in the screenshot?

Me confused (not a difficult task). :drool:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow sharp eye Mr @TonyR !

You would see that typically if you were remote in to the NVR via port forwarding from another network (without using a vpn) .
You can get into the NVR but it won’t let you get to the camera on 10.1.1.x as it sees your IP coming from an external net so it won’t allow. Been there done that.

I’m guessing 192.268.1.253 is his NVR address… If he was on his home network and it was 192.168.1.x it should work…

So possible he is on his home network but on a different subnet? (I dont know the networking terminology but two separate nets for security, one for NVR and another for TVs, computers, etc…) I wound think it would act the same.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok had to test it and verify as it’s been a while but essentially I was right. Remote in via port forwarding to the NVR will give you a fail when you try the IE button to a camera on the assigned 10.1.1.x network

When using a VPN it works as expected. So the NVR knows if you are on the same local LAN as it is or not.

However it doesn’t display tHE 10.1.1.x address in the location bar. It still displays the NVR LAN address with :10080 port

In my test case the browser shows 192.168.1.200:10080 in both cases.

So I’m back to thinking it’s a known browser issue with Chrome unless he’s coming in remote via port forwarding

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Note for the following I use internet explorer.

I would have to check again but what I think happens on my NVR web UI when I sign in and go to cameras

the first camera icon I click on (blue E) opens a pop up with address 192.168.1.108:10080.

This can be any camera from the list take your pick. It will always get this address

Sign in to camera webUI.

Sign out of camera and close window.

Pick any other camera and click the icon (blue E). This opens a new pop up with new address 192.168.1.108:10081

sign in / out and close pop up.

pick another different camera.

this now gets address

192.168.1.108:10082

and so on.

you could try signing into a different camera first. This will get you a different port number from 10080.

I also noticed the newer firmware on the 5442 also had to install another plugin. This threw up a load of errors probably trying to overwrite the previous plugin but it still works.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep looks fine on the Reg page, can you try IE or Pale Moon? Unfortunately Dahua cameras are all over the place with respect to browser compatibility …

Wow sharp eye Mr @TonyR !

You would see that typically if you were remote in to the NVR via port forwarding from another network (without using a vpn) .
You can get into the NVR but it won’t let you get to the camera on 10.1.1.x as it sees your IP coming from an external net so it won’t allow. Been there done that.

I’m guessing 192.268.1.253 is his NVR address… If he was on his home network and it was 192.168.1.x it should work…

So possible he is on his home network but on a different subnet? (I dont know the networking terminology but two separate nets for security, one for NVR and another for TVs, computers, etc…) I wound think it would act the same.
Yes, on home network, I changed the default address of the NVR as I'm doing some setup at home which is full of ip devices including 12 cameras. I did not want the NVR competing with my existing setup. The system is for a family member so will be moving it shortly.

Last edited:

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, on home network, I changed the default address of the NVR as I'm doing some setup at home which if full of ip devices including 12 cameras. I did not want the NVR competing with my existing setup. The system is for a family member so will be moving it shortly.
BTW, I fired up a different pc on my network that had outdated IE, I was able to log into the camera and make changes. Dahua should just avoid using port 10080 straight from the factory. People without a tiny bit of knowledge and resources such as this great forum will also run into the same problems. I guess my biggest problem is the fact that Dahua has built the issue into their firmware. I'll get over it ;)

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Me gotta question....
I don't have a POE NVR, I use Blue Iris. But from what I've come to understand (I think) is that the POE NVR has it's own internal server network which assigns IP's (in this case) in the 10.1.XXX.XXX subnet and ithe NVR's LAN is generally like the ISP or a home LAN in the 192.168.XXX.XXX subnet.

If this is so, and @just some dude 's screenshot shows an NVR screen that has assigned such IP's to the connected cam's in the 10.1.XXX.XXX subnet, why is his browser (which I assumed was launched when he clicked on the big "e" to the right of its webGUI) trying to access a cam at 192.168.1.253 as in the screenshot?

Me confused (not a difficult task). :drool:
BTW, my personal system is Blue Iris, I'm setting this up for a family member, I didn't want another PC to administer.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Note for the following I use internet explorer.

I would have to check again but what I think happens on my NVR web UI when I sign in and go to cameras

the first camera icon I click on (blue E) opens a pop up with address 192.168.1.108:10080.

This can be any camera from the list take your pick. It will always get this address

Sign in to camera webUI.

Sign out of camera and close window.

Pick any other camera and click the icon (blue E). This opens a new pop up with new address 192.168.1.108:10081

sign in / out and close pop up.

pick another different camera.

this now gets address

192.168.1.108:10082

and so on.

you could try signing into a different camera first. This will get you a different port number from 10080.

I also noticed the newer firmware on the 5442 also had to install another plugin. This threw up a load of errors probably trying to overwrite the previous plugin but it still works.

I did some more messing about and i can confirm the above is correct. Well as correct as it can be using a fire hd tablet lol

First of all sign out of NVR. It might also be an idea to close the browser but i didn't have to.

Sign into NVR. This restarts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did some more messing about and i can confirm the above is correct. Well as correct as it can be using a fire hd tablet lol

First of all sign out of NVR. It might also be an idea to close the browser but i didn't have to.

Sign into NVR. This restarts the process

Pick a camera from your list that you do not want to access.

The first camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10080

As you know it is not possible to access the camera using the address. Close pop up window or tab.

Now select a camera you do want to access

The next camera selected is assigned address 192.168.1.108:10081

it is now possible to access the required camera and all other cameras except the first one selected.

Signing out of the NVR and back in again will restart the addressing sequence.

Hope this workaround helps

Griswald
YES! This works!