Night time events not picking up like days

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My new SD5A425GA-HNR doesn’t pick up night time events hardly at all. Should I set different rules for night time? The camera sees everything perfectly…. They’re just not being recorded.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshots of field of view and settings would help.

It could be anything. Maybe at night the zoom is too tight and not enough light for it to ID the object.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here’s a screenshot at 540 from dmss. I’ll log into the settings in a bit. Which settings? The camera picture, events or AI for that preset?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think the vehicle is out in the distance?

Post a a day shot or video of a vehicle.

Is your IR set to auto or manual?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the vehicle is out in the distance?

Post a a day shot or video of a vehicle.

Is your IR set to auto or manual?
IR is set to auto. Should I look at the shutter settings for night? Here’s some from yesterday and one from this morning. It is phenomenal and is doing way more than I thought was possible.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah at that distance it needs more light at night. The camera probably cannot make out a car.

Put IR to manual and blast it at 100 and see if that is enough.

If it isn't then you will need to add an IR blaster to help out.

Or you might need to zoom in more at night.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IR is set to auto. Should I look at the shutter settings for night? Here’s some from yesterday and one from this morning. It is phenomenal and is doing way more than I thought was possible.
I can certainly see why your cameras are struggling to detect a vehicle at night.

A vehicle's headlamps will likely be very bright and the camera doesn't not recognise the shape as a vehicle because of this.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah at that distance it needs more light at night. The camera probably cannot make out a car.

Put IR to manual and blast it at 100 and see if that is enough.

If it isn't then you will need to add an IR blaster to help out.

Or you might need to zoom in more at night.
I wonder if it’s possible to set a rule as tripwire zoomed in at a point where headlights wouldn’t be an issue. Is it possible to program this action for night alone?

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You sound curious. That means you like learning and improving. If that is true, consider going with the option that will allow for those traits to be fully satisfied. Go with Blue Iris. NVR’s will always limit you as they are designed to govern and or limit one thing or another. Not knocking NVR solutions, many use them and are happy. Just making a suggestion.