Night settings for EXIR DS-2CD2342WD-I

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, here's a screenshot (there was this Time an additionnel light... When not it's worse):

Some settings (i don't know witch settings do you need exactly :

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Increase max bit rate to 8192 and change Constant to Variable, especially with i-frame at 20. What is WDR set to? Try 30

It looks like the area is pitch black when the light isn't on? If so, then it's never going to be amazing without extra IR.

I would be very tempted to get a 6mm lens camera and point towards gate to just get footage of people passing through gate. I guess your camera is a 2.8mm.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Increase max bit rate to 8192 and change Constant to Variable, especially with i-frame at 20. What is WDR set to? Try 30

It looks like the area is pitch black when the light isn't on? If so, then it's never going to be amazing without extra IR.

I would be very tempted to get a 6mm lens camera and point towards gate to just get footage of people passing through gate. I guess your camera is a 2.8mm.
Hello,

Ok I've set :

Max Bit rate = "Débit binaire maxi" in French like you said at 8192.
"Type de débit binaire" in French to "Variable"
Regarding i-frame, in French i think it's "Cadence des images" in fps or "Intervalle d'image" . In any case the two are set to 20.

I've set WDR at 30. Then i cannot use any more "day against" (sorry it's my poor translation)
Regarding the camera, this turret had a 4mm lens.
I've another camera near perahps i can use just to get footage like you say : it's a varifocale bullet DS-2CD2632F-IS

I will do some tests and came back.

Edit 1 : Just to say I use a NAS QNAP for recording. Then I raise the quality to 8192 Kbps, it's right too ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could put exposure to 1/50 but then it'll be too dark I think.

Everything else looks fine. It's not fishbowled like a 2.8mm so I guess it is a 4mm!

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm just curious how do you change the exposure time I see 1/30 then it goes to 1/60.. I don't have 1/25 0r 1/50 I'm on a dell laptop.. Sorry to hijack op...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm just curious how do you change the exposure time I see 1/30 then it goes to 1/60.. I don't have 1/25 0r 1/50 I'm on a dell laptop.. Sorry to hijack op...
It's because you are on NTSC or 60Hz. so it's 1/30 to 1/60 instead of 1/25 to 1/50 which is what PAL or 50Hz has.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Del Boy, i've another question : is there another settings for the snapshot ?

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a detection , i've configured the camera to receive alert per mail with snapshot . On day too sometimes the photo taken is blurred too but not the video .

For the exposure i will try 1/50

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Del Boy,

What do you think about that :

I've better results with my DS-2CD2632 pointed in another view than this 2CD2342...

I've bought it because exir give better global vision . But results is not very good...