Newb question on NVR setup

Golfernut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I picked up a Dahua system with a NVR N5283P4. I gotten a few cams set up and all can be seen fine on my phone as well but I'm unable to configure the recording/event part.

are there any laypersons quick guide or easy to understand instructions out there? I went in dahuawiki but it's over my head at this point.

anyone have the time to help?

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would read the cliff notes(on the forums here). Basically you'll get a better idea of how to use the cameras in general. In a nutshell you have to use a pc browser(internet explorer specific) then go to the ip of the camera(while on same subnet) the login to the camera to configure it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, I picked up a Dahua system with a NVR N5283P4. I gotten a few cams set up and all can be seen fine on my phone as well but I'm unable to configure the recording/event part.
Are you sure that's the full and correct model number?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How are you accessing the NVR? Through the browser interface?

Follow these steps making sure to Save or OK after each screen

01.jpg 02.jpg 02-b.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope. You need to login to the NVR web interface itself. Dont try and use SmartPSS

Probably 192.168.1.108 on your network unless you changed it.

Golfernut

n3wb
Reaction score
79D0E1F3-D5FB-4FBA-8BB5-CA048A1DC9A4.png
yes, I didn't under that I'd have to into the back interface to do all this as I've done both Panasonic and Samsung in the past and none were like this.
thanks bigredfish

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah the problem is Dahua sucks at software and firmware. SmartPSS is great for live view and playback/download and turning some things on/off but don’t use it as a replacement for settings

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Both, which imho is the best way to go. Depending on what cameras, IVS is an improvement over simple MD, so check that out.

Remember you need to go to the individual cameras and enable and specify the MD as well for each. Area, time, notifications etc...

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please refer to post #8.
You need to login to the camera interface with the browser on a pc. Internet explorer works the best for dahua cameras. Open IE browser then type in 192.168.1.108