New Update keeps crashing

Jon Hunt

n3wb
Reaction score
I just updated blue iris so its up to date but now its keeps crashing. Has anyone else had this problem recently. It just started with the new updates. Works for about 30sec to 2 min and crashes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just updated blue iris so its up to date but now its keeps crashing. Has anyone else had this problem recently. It just started with the new updates. Works for about 30sec to 2 min and crashes.
Yes there is a thread on it. Revert back. Updates should only be installed when you need a new feature or function. Randomly update just because is a bad idea. Disable auto update.

Jon Hunt

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I revert back? I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Sorry I will stop upgrading it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I revert back? I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Sorry I will stop upgrading it.
You need an update file (another reason to manually install so you can download the file from the website)...there are several threads where users posted older versions to dropbox.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm ready to pull the trigger to buy latest BI revision. Should I hold off ?
No. Its works just fine. There was a bad update. First thing you do after the install is disable auto update. Then only update when you need a new feature and the update has been posted for a while.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi:

My BI setup crashes intermittently.

I was wondering if there was any way for BI to restart automatically after it has crashed?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score