New update from 4.4.8.7 to .9 keeps crashing B.I.

CRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

Long time BI user here. Ever since the new updates BI keeps on crashing. I have tried to update starting 4.4.8.7 to .9 and it keeps crashing B.I. I have to revert back to 4.2.3.5 x64. Full purchased version.

I have never had any issues with any updates until now. The PC is a dedicated Win10 Pro i7 with 16GB or RAM and 2TB HD. I know it's not the hardware. The issue started with the updates.

I looked around the Web and it seems I am not the only one having this issue. Is there a fix in progress for this?

Any info or feedback would be great!!!

Thanks!

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you mean it crashes while trying to do the update?? if so try doing a full install with the latest full install exe.

CRS1

n3wb
Reaction score
No, it installs just fine. After BI restarts after the update, it runs for a few seconds and then it crashes. It does that will the above 3 different updates.

I have to uninstall and reinstall ver 4.2 and then import my .reg backup to get all my cameras and settings.

Does anyone have the earlier 4.4.x.x update files somewhere? I looked around and I read someone may have a dropbox setup with the files. I looked around and can't find that post.

I would greatly appreciate, if anyone can please provide me the link to where I can download the files.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here is the full install of 4.4.7.0

MEGA

and the update file to 4.4.7.4

MEGA

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi:

I have also recently had BI crash repeatedly , usually running for a few hours to at most a day before it crashes.

I have updated all my drivers, and have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps but it still kept on crashing.

What I did notice is that I have a few cameras ( 4 or 5 out of total of 15) that have been having some network issues ( being in weak WiFi area) and usually just have a

"no Signal" in the BI window. I went ahead and disabled the cameras, rather then just leave them with "no signal".

Since then, I have BI running about 36 hours and no crash. I'm not sure if this is just coincidence or if it actually contributes to the crashing problem, but I'm hoping

that it might help solve the problem

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Latest update crashes my system too after seeing a few frames from my cameras. It's nice to have an active developer but when things go wrong with an update it really stings :(

Edit: Reinstalling from the files above - which claimed I had a VERY old install (I don't) seem to have fixed me up, thank you!! Of course the software now wants to do an update, I think I will hold off on it lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Latest update crashes my system too after seeing a few frames from my cameras. It's nice to have an active developer but when things go wrong with an update it really stings :(

Edit: Reinstalling from the files above - which claimed I had a VERY old install (I don't) seem to have fixed me up, thank you!! Of course the software now wants to do an update, I think I will hold off on it lol
The solution is simple. Disable auto updates. Then download and install blue iris updates manually so you can easily revert back. Install updates after they have been out for a while and if you need the newly added feature set. This simple common sense solution keeps my 20+ blue iris machines running without a hitch. Try it.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I AM updating manually and up until this point I've never had an issue. Congratulations on not running into this problem :rolleyes:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I AM updating manually and up until this point I've never had an issue. Congratulations on not running into this problem :rolleyes:
its easy, wait for the release to be out for a bit...dont jump on every update...this works flawlessly...folks seem to have a compulsion to update immediately....this leads to disastrous results particularly for cameras and NVRs.

crs101

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest update from the site. I took the chance of installing it and it all looks good now. No more crashes. :)

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk