New turret keeps cycling/rebooting

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got 3 new 4mp's today. Hooray! Boy have I got a lot to learn. I got the ip address and password set on 2 of them & I can access the cameras through the browser just fine.The 3rd one shows up in SADP and I changed the ip address but it keeps recycling or rebooting constantly so I can't access it in the browser. It does this whether powered with 12v power supply or poe. Did I screw something up while in SADP to cause this? Any way to reset it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which cameras did you get?

I don't think there is anything you could have done in SADP to stuff them up. They most likely came that way.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a rebranded Hikvision 4mp. This was really weird. I was able to reset it and get into it with the browser. Through trial and error, changing one thing at a time, I discovered that when I changed http port from 80 to a particular higher port number I was trying to use, it caused this camera to start this rebooting/cycling. I reset and changed to another higher port number and it started working ok.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is interesting indeed. One thing I have learned is Hikvision stuff does weird things.