New to the site and IP Cameras

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been researching home surveillance options and came across the site and glad I did. Such great information here. Still digesting alot and glad to see alot of folks have the same concerns as me around the lack of trusting cameras with the rest of my networks.

Still doing my homework/placement/brands/types but am starting with an isolated network off a seperate VPN with blue iris and 6 cameras to start watching corners/entrance ways of my house.

Looking forward to learning more!

Thanks!

Ox aka Will

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been researching home surveillance options and came across the site and glad I did. Such great information here. Still digesting alot and glad to see alot of folks have the same concerns as me around the lack of trusting cameras with the rest of my networks.

Still doing my homework/placement/brands/types but am starting with an isolated network off a seperate VPN with blue iris and 6 cameras to start watching corners/entrance ways of my house.

Looking forward to learning more!

Thanks!

Ox aka Will
Just remember depending on your cameras settings, Blue Iris eats up a lot of CPU. Make sure to toggle direct to disk to help offload some of the work on the CPU.