New Sunba Illuminati

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you get Human specific notifications? I may have to buy this camera and add it to the 18 I have. It's a sickness

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FYI, if we're comparing Dahua and the Illuminati which are about the same price, the Illuminati is far more reliable at locking onto subjects but it will NOT zoom which is unfortunate. The Dahua will zoom in but has a far harder time locking onto subject and when it does half the time, the half of that time it will lose the object it's tracking.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How's the nighttime performance? I'm slightly surprised at that price point it doesn't include a 1/2" CMOS like the more expensive Hikvisions. I'm not sure if the spectacular nighttime performance of my Hikvisions is solely because the sensor or if the optics or even special processing has something to do with it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, it locks just fine. Give me a few minutes. I'll upload 3 clips from just today.

Clip#1 it stayed lock on the landscape guy another 5 minutes until he left the scene. I just cut it off at a minute
View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210123132528_20210123132629.mp4

Clip#2 Its tracking him and gets an override command from a spotter cam that a car is exiting the neighborhood, so zoom to preset#2 to capture the plate
View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210123142127_20210123142156.mp4

Clip#3 it does lose the subject at the end due to the wall/bushes and lack of contrast but it would have lost him in 15 more feet anyway
View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210123153754_20210123153827.mp4

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you think the SD6AL433XA-HNR with the 1/1.8 sensor is going to be have the same tracking performance? And can you get human specific notifications which something I don't have even on the Hikvisions?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I confirmed that with Andy that the Ai and Tracking Size slider are on it.. It should do much better at night as well obviously.

When you say Human Notifications, It can send normal IVS notifications and if I have Human checked thats whaty I'll get. As to whether its distinguishes in the notificaions between car and human, I dont know as i dont get notifications from this camera.

Night with IR- this is where the 1/1.8 sensor will help greatly.
View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20201125054124_20201125054200.mp4

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running color at night at 1/60 shutter and it shows its just not enough sensor for the 4MP camera. But I do this because I want both Human tracking and License plates at night. I can't get both if I use B&W/IR as anyone who knows LPR with IR knows you'll be running 1/1000 or faster and you wont get anything but plates. So its a tradeoff.

View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20201219214010_20201219214024.mp4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@sorka - I can vouch for a Dahua PTZ with human AI that it is spot on as @bigredfish shows with his.

In fact, it continues to track even after the person is blocked by my lamp post.

This is an old pic I posted from another thread and I can probably find someone that walked past today if you really want to see a video, but it keeps right on tracking until they are either out of sight or the time I set to track is up.

It sounds like you have an older one without the human AI - the SD49225 from @EMPIRETECANDY here is a solid performer in the sub $400 range.

1597004150736.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Sunba Illuminati uses a Hikvision Camera Lens Module so we are talking apples to apples however we are supposed to stay away from it and avoid it lol I think people just ride the brandwagon far too much!

Do your research before posting this kind of fluff.

Now if someone wants to provide some real relief does anyone know why the Hikvision Camera Lens module in this unit would impose such a small storage limit is it the file system is it the MCU or is it just purely a soft limit introduced to increase sales of NVR units?

I don't quite understand we can buy TF micro sd cards at 1TB and these guys are imposing limits like this still for no real reason I can understand. Time to migrate into the year 2000 when we were rid of those pesky limitations mostly.

If Hikvision is reading this why not give Sunba an updated file and remove the limit please and thank you in advance these artificial limits are bullocks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sunba Illuminati uses a Hikvision Camera Lens Module so we are talking apples to apples however we are supposed to stay away from it and avoid it lol I think people just ride the brandwagon far too much!

Do your research before posting this kind of fluff.

Now if someone wants to provide some real relief does anyone know why the Hikvision Camera Lens module in this unit would impose such a small storage limit is it the file system is it the MCU or is it just purely a soft limit introduced to increase sales of NVR units?

I don't quite understand we can buy TF micro sd cards at 1TB and these guys are imposing limits like this still for no real reason I can understand. Time to migrate into the year 2000 when we were rid of those pesky limitations mostly.

If Hikvision is reading this why not give Sunba an updated file and remove the limit please and thank you in advance these artificial limits are bullocks.
It may be a Hik module, but it may very well be made with less capabilities to keep the price down.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Well looking at the side by sides I think its a fairly good cam afaik I own one myself however there is one disappointment and thats SD card size and tech support was kind enough to tell me that it is a hikvision limit not a sunba limit so we will see I got ahold of hikvision maybe tech support will get back to me.