New Setup/Low FPS warnings

kandl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. We are trying out Blue Iris as an alternative to Clear2There software we are currently using. The cameras are all Clear2There cameras specs below. The server should be plenty of power as it does work fine with the clear2 there software (see specs in picture). The problem we are having is when all cameras are enabled. we start getting warnings about FPS mis-match. and when looking at the camera properties we see that the FPS has dropped to 2-4. The cameras are all set to 10 FPS. Disabling a few cameras stops the warnings from showing up on the remaining cameras. Attached are some screen shots of hardware specs and configs. I do have hardware acceleration on and all cameras are set to record direct to disk. I assume this is being caused by a configuration error on my part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment C2TA71080IPOE.pdfConfig.jpgConsole.jpgFPS.jpgHardware.jpgPerformance.jpgStatus.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. We are trying out Blue Iris as an alternative to Clear2There software we are currently using. The cameras are all Clear2There cameras specs below. The server should be plenty of power as it does work fine with the clear2 there software (see specs in picture). The problem we are having is when all cameras are enabled. we start getting warnings about FPS mis-match. and when looking at the camera properties we see that the FPS has dropped to 2-4. The cameras are all set to 10 FPS. Disabling a few cameras stops the warnings from showing up on the remaining cameras. Attached are some screen shots of hardware specs and configs. I do have hardware acceleration on and all cameras are set to record direct to disk. I assume this is being caused by a configuration error on my part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 14447View attachment 14441View attachment 14442View attachment 14443View attachment 14444View attachment 14445View attachment 14446
Welcome to the forum. You can disable hardware acelleration since it requires intel HD with quicksync which your processor does not support. Second what is your cameras exposure time set to? Finally, I have seen similar issues in other setups running the demo mode...once you change to a full license it goes away...the demo does not support direct to disk...despite being able to chose it..Also, side note - you can change the camera colors so that hey appear individually in the timeline instead of one blue blob...

kandl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for you reply! I will disable the HA. I am not sure what you mean by exposure time. I have attached the a shot of the camera config screen. I wondered if it was actually a limitation of the trial. cameraconfig.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for you reply! I will disable the HA. I am not sure what you mean by exposure time. I have attached the a shot of the camera config screen. I wondered if it was actually a limitation of the trial. View attachment 14448
it would be in video settings, looks like 1/30, 1/12 etc....i do think its a demo issue though

kandl

n3wb
Reaction score
it would be in video settings, looks like 1/30, 1/12 etc....i do think its a demo issue though
I Can't find a setting like that anywhere in the camera menu...but I suppose for 60 bucks we should just buy a license and see if that fixes the problem. If not we aren't out much.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I Can't find a setting like that anywhere in the camera menu...but I suppose for 60 bucks we should just buy a license and see if that fixes the problem. If not we aren't out much.
it will certainly resolve the issue...there are thousands of us who use BI here with normal frame rates.