New Router, BI box no longer responding to me across LAN

Nocturn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey gang

For years – I accessed my BlueIris system perfectly from LAN and also through my phone>router openVPN connection (when I was offsite).
Last week I upgraded my router to a faster model (Asus GT-AX11000) and for the most part, almost everything seems to be working perfectly….
The exception is my local connection to Blue Iris machine is now locally dead; even though the machine is working perfectly and has full access to the internet.
Nothing has changed but the router...

Here is everything I've done or confirmed....
Ive assigned the proper port in the BI "web server" settings page (see image 1)
Ive manually assigned an IP address to the BL box from the router itself, and the machine shows up fine in my network list (see image 2)
Im unable to see it from the LAN when I key in the local IP address to a web browser (both with or without the port) (see image 3)
Im also unable to ping the machine (both with and without the port) (see image 4)
Interestingly, when I key in the local while sitting on the BI box, the webpage comes right up (so the internal web server seems to be working)

I did NOT do the remote wizard because it insists on port forwards etc. Id rather use my VPN… [Obviously I have to get local LAN working first]

This just feels like something obvious I am overlooking, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what it is. Networking isn't my things so bear with me…

Help VERY MUCH appreciated!

Image 1
Server Web.png

image 2
Router.jpg

image 3
Browser TimeOut.jpg

Image 4
PingFail.jpg

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First check I would make is in Windows Firewall on the blueiris machine. Where you've changed routers, Windows may have changed the network type. Window's does like to do this by itself every once in a while too...

Confirm a rule is set to allow inbound traffic on port 1829.

Nocturn

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys are Rockstar's. Windows forced some cumulative update down my throat on the same day as my router upgrade and for whatever reason, the firewall was allowing public access but blocking private access to BI. Once I enabled Private, local access and also VPN access (phone>router>BI) began working again as well.

Wooooot!

Thank you very much!