New Reviews Coming Soon - MFW-7x42K1

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well !

Glad to say that some new HW is in in hand and almost ready to start reviewing. Big thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY for providing in exchange for a no holds barred review.

Awaiting new FW as there were a number of day 0 bugs I reported that have delayed the reviews. Glad to say these bugs are being worked now and I'll start the actual reviews as soon as I can confirm next FW resolves issues.
In the meantime, a quick intro video for you

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update. I'm glad I have my hands on these as I've noted a fair number of game breaking issues with the day 0 bugs. Glad to say a lot that I've documented have already been addressed (thanks to Andy & Dahua) but there are still some lingering issues that are currently impacting testing especially on the 7842. I'm working closely with Dahua, have documented these, explained how I've isolated the issues and some recommendations on what to target to fix, hope to have updates soon. While on the topic of the 7842 version there appears to be 2 potential HW issues I'm tracking. As these are early production units they absolutely could be limited to this build/specific cam but I also intend to take it apart and have a look in efforts to fix directly. Either way getting this info back to Dahua should hopefully improve the larger production runs that will start on these soon. Due to this, while I continue to tackle the 7842, I'll start switching gears to testing 7442 first. Just making sure all following here, had the latest

Sim31

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick update. I'm glad I have my hands on these as I've noted a fair number of game breaking issues with the day 0 bugs. Glad to say a lot that I've documented have already been addressed (thanks to Andy & Dahua) but there are still some lingering issues that are currently impacting testing especially on the 7842. I'm working closely with Dahua, have documented these, explained how I've isolated the issues and some recommendations on what to target to fix, hope to have updates soon. While on the topic of the 7842 version there appears to be 2 potential HW issues I'm tracking. As these are early production units they absolutely could be limited to this build/specific cam but I also intend to take it apart and have a look in efforts to fix directly. Either way getting this info back to Dahua should hopefully improve the larger production runs that will start on these soon. Due to this, while I continue to tackle the 7842, I'll start switching gears to testing 7442 first. Just making sure all following here, had the latest
Thanks for this! I put my order in for one of these last month and I been waiting patiently for it which thank goodness I have been. Andy told me shortly after I ordered that it would be a while wait and that you were getting yours ahead of me for review and testing, and im glad to be waiting while you discover the good, the bad and the ugly and getting it to Dahua to fix in future firmware releases, hopefully by the time I get mine, its with the newest firmware with all the fixin's!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All

Quick update. I plan to get the 7442K1-Z4-T40 review started today from the intro, specs and product video perspective and will post a link to it here when live. I’m also including a separate video that I will place in the ‘bug’ section talking about critical design issues I’ve seen with the associated wall mount (PFB605W-SG). I’ve also fed this back to Dahua