New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you successfully paired a 3rd-party, 433 MHz second chime with yours?
I have not, I did buy the set of two chimes that fenderman bought, problem is, we moved and it is in a box somewhere along with many other things I cannot find...:( Sorry

May want to PM fenderman...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the set I ordered from Amazon, could not find the set there, looks like eBay has them...

1714231504680.png

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ugh. We have a side door and a front door at work, and right now I have only the 2 bundled chimes that will pair.

So I thought I could pair both chimes to both doorbells, with different sounds, so that the whole building could hear when someone rings, and tell which door they're at.

Nope.

I can pair both chimes with one doorbell, but pairing a chime with FrontDoor unpairs it from SideDoor, and pairing a chime with SideDoor unpairs it from FrontDoor.
I opened a ticket with Reolink, and Support confirms the bad news (emphasis mine):
I want to help you from the bottom of my heart. But I am really sorry to tell you that one doorbell camera can only be paired with one chime and Reolink doorbell camera will only be compatible with Reolink chime. So the third-party chime isn't compatible. If you want to buy more chimes from us, I can't guarantee whether the doorbell camera will pair with them or not.

Please accept our apologies that the doorbell camera did not live up to your personal expectations in this instance. I believe it would be a great idea for us to improve. Thank you very much for your suggestion, we will forward it to our R&D team. They'll see whether we receive similar feedback and put it into a schedule. It will take time to evaluate the request and to implement it. Please stay tuned!
This isn't even true, as I clearly have paired one doorbell camera with 2 chimes. The problem is that I can't pair one chime with two doorbell cameras.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is the set I ordered from Amazon, could not find the set there, looks like eBay has them...
View attachment 193386
They look just like the ones I bought from amazon:

except that some of your eBay photos have the "KERUI" on the units, and some do not, whereas the units I have in hand from amazon do not.

Good luck finding those in your moving box collection. I know the pain!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They look just like the ones I bought from amazon:

except that some of your eBay photos have the "KERUI" on the units, and some do not, whereas the units I have in hand from amazon do not.

Good luck finding those in your moving box collection. I know the pain!
Wonder if you got a bad Chime. Sorry you are having that much trouble, @fenderman posted it was easy for him...maybe he can Chime in with help for you...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ugh. Despite my issues with the 2 doorbells I installed at my office, I just ordered 2 more of these for my rental units, because there isn't another POE doorbell out there that isn't terrible.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Firmware, here is my collection, I have a gap from mid-last-year to beginning of this year. If anyone collects firmware like I do, I would appreciate anyone who has any firmware fill my missing gap.
THANK YOU

POE Version:
1714616298162.png

WiFi Version:
1714616354459.png

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you!

Trying this now . . .
Hmmm. My doorbell did not like v3.0.0.1859_23030902.

Or at least the chimes did not. When I installed v3.0.0.1859_23030902 it suggested a factory reset, which I did, and that unpaired it from the factory chime.

Once I got it up and running again I attempted to pair it with factory chime that it originally came with, and it would not pair.

Nor would it pair with the Kerui chime.

After fiddling with it for awhile, I went back to the latest v3.0.0.3215_2401262241, and was able to immediately pair it with the original factory chime.

But still not with the Kerui chime.

So those Kerui chimes are going back to amazon, if I can find the button that I put somewhere . . . . ..

And I'll try that one from eBay.

Thanks for your efforts at assisting.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm. My doorbell did not like v3.0.0.1859_23030902.

Or at least the chimes did not. When I installed v3.0.0.1859_23030902 it suggested a factory reset, which I did, and that unpaired it from the factory chime.

Once I got it up and running again I attempted to pair it with factory chime that it originally came with, and it would not pair.

Nor would it pair with the Kerui chime.

After fiddling with it for awhile, I went back to the latest v3.0.0.3215_2401262241, and was able to immediately pair it with the original factory chime.

But still not with the Kerui chime.

So those Kerui chimes are going back to amazon, if I can find the button that I put somewhere . . . . ..

And I'll try that one from eBay.

Thanks for your efforts at assisting.
If you want to try any other firmwares I have I would be happy to post them...