New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Who ever looking to buy one, now is the time...;)

Reolink 5MP Wired PoE Video Doorbell w/ Chime for $99.99 - 22% when you apply the coupon on
the product page - $5 w/ promo code 05Prime05 = $72.99. Shipping is free.
On Amazon , notice the deal was posted at slickdeals dot net: Reolink 5MP Wired PoE Video Doorbell w/ Chime $73 + Free Shipping

Attachments

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I got mine installed yesterday. Overall I'm very happy with it. I have it set up on my camera VLAN, and had the router assign it an ip address. It has never been exposed to the internet, so I can confirm it is possible to set this db up locally. I'm actually surprised at the image quality in the day AND night, though I have bright porch lights. The only thing I wish it had was WDR, as I am unable to see faces in the daytime under my covered porch when sun is bright.

1688556375221.jpg

No issues at night with proper lighting.

1688556094546.jpg

I haven't had time to play with image settings at home, but hopefully I can make it work.

I ended up installing on the inside of my door frame near the glass sidelights, so I needed a bracket to turn the db at least 45 degrees since it was perpendicular to the door opening. I used the Wasserstein 30° to 55° Horizontal Wedge Wall Mount

It works good. The top mounting hole is a direct fit, but I had to use a general purpose screw for the bottom hole to make it work. Once installed, it looks like it was made for this db. One thing I would have done different is to use cat5 stranded cable instead of the cat6 solid that I used. There was not much room behind to hide cable, and it was tricky to flex the solid cable, but it worked out in the end.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have it set up on my camera VLAN, and had the router assign it an ip address.
Same here, then logged into it's webGUI using that IP and assigned it a unique, static IP that was outside of my router's DHCP pool (I use .200 to .254 for my devices).
I ended up installing on the inside of my door frame near the glass sidelights, so I needed a bracket to turn the db at least 45 degrees since it was perpendicular to the door opening. I used the Wasserstein 30° to 55° Horizontal Wedge Wall Mount
That's good to know about the adjustable angle bracket!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How about a shot or two of the Reolink DB itself mounted on the bracket? :idk:

I'm looking into some 3D printed versions that @David L posted that will tilt mine DOWN....horizontal is OK on the side door DB, used furnished angle to adjust the front door DB in a bit but both DB's need tilting down.
I will get some tonight when i get home. I realized when I posted that I never took any pictures of the completed install.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine too. I would rather have more view of the deck floor than the deck ceiling. I may get one of those 3d printed shims for vertical adjustment.
My stepson has and uses a 3D printer but he's closing on a new house today and will be moving over the next few days when he's not working. There's plenty of co.'s online that will 3D print but I'm looking into a Staple's near me that's supposed to offer it in-store. They'll open in about an hour + 15 min. and I'll call and find out.

I downloaded these=>> Reolink doorbell accessories

jvrobert

n3wb
Reaction score
That adjustable mount is pretty slick. I just got my reolink POE (for my garage doorbell, yeah it's weird but I have a doorbell on my garage I play with home automation and facial recognition with) and I used reolink doorbell mount 35 40 45 degrees by Chris van de kam | Download free STL model | Printables.com
and it works pretty well. Someone with better modeling skills than me should work up an adjustable one.

So far I like the reolink, it replaced my AD410 because I had issues with its home automation integration. I haven't played much with the reolink yet but it added to Home Assistant, and picked up events including button presses really well.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That adjustable mount is pretty slick. I just got my reolink POE (for my garage doorbell, yeah it's weird but I have a doorbell on my garage I play with home automation and facial recognition with) and I used reolink doorbell mount 35 40 45 degrees by Chris van de kam | Download free STL model | Printables.com
and it works pretty well. Someone with better modeling skills than me should work up an adjustable one.

So far I like the reolink, it replaced my AD410 because I had issues with its home automation integration. I haven't played much with the reolink yet but it added to Home Assistant, and picked up events including button presses really well.
When I get a little free time, I plan to open up the plug in chime to see what the circuit board looks like. I may tap into the speaker output with a Fibaro Smart Implant (zwave) to bring the db alerts into my home automation (Hubitat).

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know many are waiting to add a second or third Chime to this DB.

I found this on Reddit but cannot confirm if it works:

View attachment 167252

It's cheap enough, may be worth a try....
Nice find. Do you know if two doorbells and be connected to two chimes so that any doorbell will ring both chimes?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice find. Do you know if two doorbells and be connected to two chimes so that any doorbell will ring both chimes?
Sorry, don't know. Seems like there has to be some kind of way though. From what I have been seeing on my searches, ReoLink states the DB supports up to 5 Chimes, yet they still are not selling just the Chime.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I found this but looks like the Thread Died....

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I get a little free time, I plan to open up the plug in chime to see what the circuit board looks like. I may tap into the speaker output with a Fibaro Smart Implant (zwave) to bring the db alerts into my home automation (Hubitat).

I use Hubitat and miss having my doorbell integrated into it with my reolink. I previously had a nest and it worked perfectly, turning on my porch lights when an visitor arrives + announcements on my sonos.

It's the one thing missing for me and a shame there's no integration and i don't think it's possible. Ive never heard of the fibre smart implant and looks interesting, I think I'll get one ordered and have a play.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's the one thing missing for me and a shame there's no integration and i don't think it's possible. Ive never heard of the fibre smart implant and looks interesting, I think I'll get one ordered and have a play.
It's a useful device to turn non smart switches or sensors into smart ones. It has inputs for switches or even temp sensors, and an independent solid state dry contact relay built in. I currently have a dumb doorbell connected to one, and Hubitat sends me a push notification when someone pushes it. The N.C. output of the implant interrupts the wire going to my old doorbell when we are not home and overnight. It will be nice to ditch the old doorbell button and use the new Reolink button.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a useful device to turn non smart switches or sensors into smart ones. It has inputs for switches or even temp sensors, and an independent solid state dry contact relay built in. I currently have a dumb doorbell connected to one, and Hubitat sends me a push notification when someone pushes it. The N.C. output of the implant interrupts the wire going to my old doorbell when we are not home and overnight. It will be nice to ditch the old doorbell button and use the new Reolink button.
Sounds similar to the Shelly Uni. I've used several Shelly1-UL switches with Blue Iris and might try a Uni sometime after I complete some other projects, especially a few on my Honey Do list. :facepalm:

Shelly_Uni.jpg

Attachments