New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

pbvdven

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive me for asking but you stated you have a DB1 right, not the newer DB1C correct?

Reason I ask a DB1C owner stated they got the same firmware build # 211011 update in their EZVIZ App...

Sorry for the late replay yes if got DB1 from ezviz the old model.

i dont know what they changed in the new firmware. one thing im sure about it still not supports ONVIF. that's why i noticed the auto upgrade. it failed to connect to home assistant.

Last edited:

pbvdven

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I own a DB1 for almost 2 years now. Always working perfectly but 2 days ago it asked to upgrade the firmware. I did this and it failed (got an error it was not possible the upgrade).
Immediately the device appeared offline in my app.

I shut the power for always 12 hours and put it back on... Nothing. The doorbell is working (the mechanical chime rings when it is pushed and it rings outside).

I tried to reset it. Got a message: reset succesfully. It turn red and a few seconds later, solid blue... But not flashing blue. So it's not possible to get to wifi AP mode..
I never installed any other firmware.

I cannot get it back in the app (I removed it), but however the doorbell is connected to my netwerk at local ip: 192.168.0.10

What else can I do to get the doorbell back in my app and get it reconfigured?

Thanks
i would try to connect to it with batch config tool on your pc and just flash the original firmware again.

you could also install the app again login with your original credentials and if the doorbell is missing from your account just scan the qr code on the doorbell again it should add the device again.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
are u using any special options for the onvif integration?

No. I look at both streams.

I did the plug n play configuration for the onvif integration.

I do see something has changed that I did not ever configure.

On the configuration tab see:

Extra FFMPEG options
- pred 1

RTSP transport
- tcp

I am running HA on a mITX Skylake CPU / 16 Gb computer. It is also running Homeseer. I have seen more than 15 FPS on the streaming.
What hardware are you running Home Assistant on?

A while back tested HA running in Armbian on an S912 Octocore with 3 Gb of RAM and it did OK. Still running it on a Pine64 / 2Gb computer and its gotten a tad slow but doing OK. Only doing video though on the Skylake CPU and not on the other two instances of HA.

Load up the VLC application and connect to the DB and you will see the same frame rate.

Just checked here with VLC and see the HD frame rate at 15 fps and the SD frame rate at 8 fps.

Just checked with Batch Configuration and see that I had the frame rate set to 15 fps. Changed it to max. VLC now shows 30 fps.

Check what the frame rate setting is set to with Batch Configuration.

Last edited:

Dasbooter

n3wb
Reaction score
are u using any special options for the onvif integration?

No. I look at both streams.

I did the plug n play configuration for the onvif integration.

I do see something has changed that I did not ever configure.

On the configuration tab see:

Extra FFMPEG options
- pred 1

RTSP transport
- tcp

I am running HA on a mITX Skylake CPU / 16 Gb computer. It is also running Homeseer. I have seen more than 15 FPS on the streaming.
What hardware are you running Home Assistant on?

A while back tested HA running in Armbian on an S912 Octocore with 3 Gb of RAM and it did OK. Still running it on a Pine64 / 2Gb computer and its gotten a tad slow but doing OK. Only doing video though on the Skylake CPU and not on the other two instances of HA.

Load up the VLC application and connect to the DB and you will see the same frame rate.

Just checked here with VLC and see the HD frame rate at 15 fps and the SD frame rate at 8 fps.

Just checked with Batch Configuration and see that I had the frame rate set to 15 fps. Changed it to max. VLC now shows 30 fps.

Check what the frame rate setting is set to with Batch Configuration.
I am running on xpenology nas i7 2600k sandybridge with 16 gb ram total in a VM with 1 core and 4gb of ram
The nas is only file serving and running HA and the VM interface shows that its not even breaking a sweat?

I will check the other settings ...never really thought about ffmpeg being part of a hass os install

CPU Specifications
  • Total Cores4
  • Total Threads8
  • Max Turbo Frequency3.80 GHz
  • Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Frequency‡3.80 GHz
  • Processor Base Frequency3.40 GHz
  • Cache8 MB Intel® Smart Cache
  • Bus Speed5 GT/s
  • TDP95 W

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Relating to NAS boxes used here documented my builds on the serve the home forum.

Two XigmaNas boxes running BSD. Dual Gb connections on each box. 8 SAS drives . They are identical except for the cases utilized.
I redid the cooling on the Silverstone DS380. (this has been an issue with the Silverstone case from the time they started selling this case).

SilverstoneCase.jpg
NAS-2.jpg

1 - Xeon Haswell chipset 16Gb Ram
2 - LSI controller with modded Firmware
3 - ZFS

Gb almost line speed transfers - 116 Mbs on Gb managed network.

I do not run an VM's / VB's on these boxes. Boxes are used for music and video streaming and storage.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The HA box mentioned above is also running a Virtual box with embedded Windows for Microsoft SAPI. The 5 speech clients run with different speech fonts. IE I am a SAPi speech font hoarder. The Homeseer Ubuntu software talks via the speech clients. Audio goes thru a Russound Zoned Whole house audio system. Well and now doing TTS with Alexia media player to 10 Alexa devices.

I do get warnings about running HA on Ubuntu and have already built a VB on same box to run HA and it runs fine.

Reaction score
i would try to connect to it with batch config tool on your pc and just flash the original firmware again.

you could also install the app again login with your original credentials and if the doorbell is missing from your account just scan the qr code on the doorbell again it should add the device again.
Thank you.

I managed to flash it again, but it appears to be the latest firmware. Anyone know where I can download the previous firmware? Version 202020, because the link always gives the latest one..
The flash was succesfull, when I tried to add the bell in the app, it always fails. In the EZVIZ PC Studio, I can find the camera on my local Lan (i even get the image), but when I want to add it, it says that the device is offline. Any tricks or someone who has the previous firmware of EZVIZ DB1? Thanks

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you.

I managed to flash it again, but it appears to be the latest firmware. Anyone know where I can download the previous firmware? Version 202020, because the link always gives the latest one..
The flash was succesfull, when I tried to add the bell in the app, it always fails. In the EZVIZ PC Studio, I can find the camera on my local Lan (i even get the image), but when I want to add it, it says that the device is offline. Any tricks or someone who has the previous firmware of EZVIZ DB1? Thanks
Attached Zip is the EU firmware 200220 Apr, 2, 2020

There is a build 200904 Oct. 21, 2020 but it is the US firmware.

Latest is build 211011 EU and US firmware...guess they finally combined them.

Just load it with Batch Config. Tool. Some here suggest doing a Reset after the upgrade which you would need to re setup everything, personally I would try it without reset and if needed then do reset.

HTH

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thinking the downgrade / upgrade of firmware will keep the WLAN stuff / password stuff and other settings in place.

Here only connect the wireless doorbell at 2.4Ghz with a unique SSID on my Ruckus WAP for the doorbell so I set the radio on that SSID to be using 2.4Ghz only.

That and using the old Hikvision IVMS 4500 app on my Android 9-10 smart phone via Android OpenVPN client and PFSense OpenVPN server.

I can see the recordings and live video but it is not cloud connected.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Attached Zip is the EU firmware 200220 Apr, 2, 2020

There is a build 200904 Oct. 21, 2020 but it is the US firmware.

Latest is build 211011 EU and US firmware...guess they finally combined them.

Just load it with Batch Config. Tool. Some here suggest doing a Reset after the upgrade which you would need to re setup everything, personally I would try it without reset and if needed then do reset.

HTH
Wow, thanks man! You are a lifesaver.

This firmware did help! After flashing my DB1, I was able to get it back into the ezviz app. Everything worked fine again. Doorbell was working great.... For about 2 hours the network connection was lost (impossible because the router is only 1meter away) and the doorbell automatically went back to ap modus (blue flashing)...

Addee again, worked great for 3 hours, again flashing blue.

Tried changing the wifi with the configuration program on the pc, same result...

Anyone who has a tip on what to do next? I'm so mad at me for trying to update that thing... I worked great for almost 2 years... Sigh.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, thanks man! You are a lifesaver.

This firmware did help! After flashing my DB1, I was able to get it back into the ezviz app. Everything worked fine again. Doorbell was working great.... For about 2 hours the network connection was lost (impossible because the router is only 1meter away) and the doorbell automatically went back to ap modus (blue flashing)...

Addee again, worked great for 3 hours, again flashing blue.

Tried changing the wifi with the configuration program on the pc, same result...

Anyone who has a tip on what to do next? I'm so mad at me for trying to update that thing... I worked great for almost 2 years... Sigh.
Just a thought, if you had to reset up anything, check to see if your DB (Doorbell) is on the 2.4GHz WiFi or the 5GHz WiFi
Mine works better on 2.4...no drops...

Reaction score
You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.
I hope it is clear enough.
This was an awesome post, thank you! One small problem: this doesn't enable audio, which is listed as "N/A" on the final summary sheet when adding the DB1.
I tried adding these config lines from the only "Ezviz.conf" file that is installed by default:
Code:
audio_format = aac,g711,g726
api_specific = TWO_WAY_AUDIO
But still on the Device Settings panel, there is no audio option, and all streamed recordings have no sound.
Does anybody have audio working with their Synology Surveillance Station please?

Reaction score
Hi,

ive had the DB1 for just over a year.
Recently it’s started to stop functioning every couple of days. I.e stops responding to the app, not detectable / accessible from LAN and doesnt ring the attached chime.

If I look on the app there are multiple motion events (without any motion) some every 30s-2minutes (screenshot attached) these always seem to be overnight around 0200

I need to remove the power supply, wait for the internal battery the run down. Then when I remove the SD card and format the SD card.

then if I put the SD card back and reattach power starts working again. Chime, app and accessible from lan.

has Anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to what the cause is. Some of the motion events show a vertical line flicker across the screen - there no true motion as I have cameras in same location which show no activity.

any help would be greatly appreciated

james

Attachments

saxopete

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Bought a DB1 back in January and have only just got round to setting it up - It's running the latest firmware and working in the app but I can't find the stream username and password to add to my HIK NVR. Before I end up bricking the device anyone know the password or is it a case of updating to the HIK firmware?

Thanks
Pete.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The original password was / is: admin and 12345abc

I changed my admin password and added a new admin and user operator password using batch configuration and removed the camera from the cloud app and removed the cloud app on my phone.

saxopete

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just reset the thing and the password isn't the verification code as per the instructions at the start - guessing they have changed it.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@saxopete

Which DB1 did your purchase? Here originally purchased a Nelly DB1 and changed the firmware to Hikvision and removed it from the app.
I am doing VPN to my home and utilize the old Android Hikvision iVMS application to see live views and recorded views via a direct connect.

It's running the latest firmware and working in the app

Change the password in the app and use that one in Batch Configuration.