New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

WannaTheater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi- I just installed a new Nelly's DB2. I used the Guarding VIsion app on iPhone to walk me through, connect to WIFI, etc. I was able to connect to Blue Iris without issue. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to setthe time (it is one hour behind). I installed the Batch Configuration Tool (v3.1.0). The doorbell camera is showing up as activated. I then was able to add it to the top section using the admin account, and the Verification Code as the password. Once added, I can enter the "Remote Configuration" section. (It is odd, as sometimes when I enter Remote Configuration, I get DIFFERENT menu items on the left). When I DO get "Time" under "System," the form displays "Configuring the Time Settings (e.g., NTP, DST, etc)".... but it only allows me the option to Enable or Disable DST. Nothing about SETTING the time anywhere.

This device has firmware v5.2.4 build 191216.

Any ideas?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi- I just installed a new Nelly's DB2. I used the Guarding VIsion app on iPhone to walk me through, connect to WIFI, etc. I was able to connect to Blue Iris without issue. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to setthe time (it is one hour behind). I installed the Batch Configuration Tool (v3.1.0). The doorbell camera is showing up as activated. I then was able to add it to the top section using the admin account, and the Verification Code as the password. Once added, I can enter the "Remote Configuration" section. (It is odd, as sometimes when I enter Remote Configuration, I get DIFFERENT menu items on the left). When I DO get "Time" under "System," the form displays "Configuring the Time Settings (e.g., NTP, DST, etc)".... but it only allows me the option to Enable or Disable DST. Nothing about SETTING the time anywhere.

This device has firmware v5.2.4 build 191216.

Any ideas?
Did you pick your correct Time Zone?
If you have Amazon as the default Time Server, your DB will get time from their server.

1607281181047.png

I am running an older version, so not sure if new version is different:

1607281353933.png

WannaTheater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
... Downgraded to version 3.0.2.6 (from Nelly's website), and the options are now there. Thank you!

Lesson learned: When you first run the Batch Configuration tool from Nelly's website, you will be prompted to upgrade. Don't upgrade, as when I did I lost some configuration options.

.... For example, the entire CCD section is unavailable in the newer version.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you, I am curious how the AI motion works compared to PIR. We will watch out for your review on your Thread:

Yes, for sure. I think AI detection is probably one of the biggest highlights for the new model. Good suggestion! I'll do my best to give a clear and fair representation

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
... Downgraded to version 3.0.2.6 (from Nelly's website), and the options are now there. Thank you!

Lesson learned: When you first run the Batch Configuration tool from Nelly's website, you will be prompted to upgrade. Don't upgrade, as when I did I lost some configuration options.

.... For example, the entire CCD section is unavailable in the newer version.
Glad you got er fixed...

So I have not upgraded...I get this message everything I launch Batch Config. Tool.

1607296325985.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, for sure. I think AI detection is probably one of the biggest highlights for the new model. Good suggestion! I'll do my best to give a clear and fair representation
So you might want to put your Thread in your signature, we also put our cameras too, I have had a few PMs that took note of my camera list...

Jaybird86

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I noticed there is a firmware entry on Nelly's website dated 3/21/2020. I believe mine is the 190625 build from 12/16/2019 and wondering what the new features / fixes are, if it's the same, any known issues with it, etc. My doorbell is working fine, so mainly just curious. Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I noticed there is a firmware entry on Nelly's website dated 3/21/2020. I believe mine is the 190625 build from 12/16/2019 and wondering what the new features / fixes are, if it's the same, any known issues with it, etc. My doorbell is working fine, so mainly just curious. Thanks!
So we think it is Hikvision's DS-HD1 firmware 200321 build (Hik's on Top, Nelly's on Bottom):

1607311249569.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David! Those files look almost identical so makes sense!
So several here run that firmware version, on several rebrands, EZVIZ, Nelly's, RCA, etc. I can't speak for it but I do know it added Motion Detection Configurability. I am sure others will Chime in, also many here state it is the most stable of the firmwares...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have the EZVIZ DB1 working on the 5GHz band? Mine is about 6' from a AP through a brick wall and has only connected at 2.4GHz (-53dBm).
5GHz band does not travel very well through walls especially those with concrete or bricks so it's probably why it fall back to 2.4GHx

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5GHz band does not travel very well through walls especially those with concrete or bricks so it's probably why it fall back to 2.4GHx

Yeah, most everything outside of our house is on 2.4GHz. Outside we only have one camera, this Doorbell, that is WiFi...Our phones work best on 2.4GHz outside...Oh I do have an Orbit B-hyve Sprinkler System in our garage, 2.4GHz. I have to say if you have a Sprinkler System and want to still have Manual Control along with Smart WiFi App & Google/Alexa, I highly recommend this Controller. I love that you connect via Bluetooth for Initial Setup (Connecting to your WiFi Network), for some reason it is an easy quick setup that way instead of it having an AP (Access Point), you know, having to switch your phone's WiFi connection from the device to your network before it times out, also normally having to be on the same network too. Bluetooth stays connected to your phone while you enter your Network Info, Smart...The App is Rock Solid too. Even has water restriction scheduling...You can connect to your favorite/closest Weather Station to get more accurate rain info, Rain Delays. No need for a rain sensor though you can still wire them in the Controller. Also has soil type/plant type/sprinkler type/head count/sun-shade/slope %, etc. for each Zone.

Sorry :offtopic: :confused::)

Reaction score
I replaced my Ring Pro with the Nelly's DB2 doorbell camera about a year ago specifically for Blue Iris integration. It has worked pretty well minus a few minor issues. My question is around video quality. It just looks ... blurry. Compared to the Ring and all of my other cameras (cheap reolink POE turret cams), the image quality on this thing is terrible. Do I just have a bad unit? See pic below. (yes the lenses is clean)

doorbell.png

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the same issue. I think some units have poorer QC. The new version, DB1C which I'm reviewing right now has much clearer picture quality.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So far, it seems to play nicely with BI, at least just as well as the original model. I plan to publish the full review in a few days after collecting more test data

nepats197

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm still on the fence upgrading the EZVIZ DB1 from firmware 191211 to 200904. Has anyone been able to locate change notes? And has there been any known issues upgrading? 191211 seems to be working fine and if it's just 'minor improvements' not sure if it's worth the risk. Thanks

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
New model DB1C review posted: