New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This morning my Ezviz db-1 informed me that there was an new firmware available.
It is described as "In this exciting update, the intelligent linkage between doorbell and chime is not restricted by the type setting of chime". Apparently its an exciting update, what ever that means.

What would they mean with the "type settings of chime"? This option (elektronic/mechanical) was already removed in the last firmware.

View attachment 58528
I just did the update. Noticed nothing new.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very Nice...Since this Doorbell is so popular, you could probably sell some of these. Etsy is a real popular site for this. I bought my 10 inch tablet mount from a guy who Designs/3D prints them. I just noticed 2,200 sales, he has been busy...Also his prices are a 1/3 of what I originally paid :(, but still love the mount.

Good Job...Thanks for the share...

georgeee

n3wb
Reaction score
dear all
i just bought the ezviz doorbell and i get error (0) when i try to connect it to my wifi
it connected only ones after a lot of resets and on/off but only for a few minutes
Then turned red and i face the same problem
any ideas?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dear all
i just bought the ezviz doorbell and i get error (0) when i try to connect it to my wifi
it connected only ones after a lot of resets and on/off but only for a few minutes
Then turned red and i face the same problem
any ideas?
Is it Solid Red? I would check power at the Doorbell, make sure you have enough power, this is a common issue with Smart Doorbells.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can I ask/make a suggestion that would greatly help us all? Can you please list the Brand of your Doorbell and the firmware build you are running in the Signature section of your profile? This will help keep others and myself from continually asking the same questions of what DB you have and what firmware you are running, this Thread is huge and it is hard to remember which re-brand everyone has. Just a suggestion...Thanks.

ex. RCA DB running LaView firmware build 190716

1585860446313.png

georgeee

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it Solid Red? I would check power at the Doorbell, make sure you have enough power, this is a common issue with Smart Doorbells.
i get the error (0) when i am trying to add it in wifi network i get the message that there is no wifi in the doorbell
after that it is solid red and i have to turn it of and then on to try again

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
EZVIZ 200220 (FIle Date ??-??-??)
Hik 200231 (FIle Date is 03-31-20)

I will try tomorrow to see if EZVIZ puts up the newer version on site to grab the File and File Date...Still saving all versions :)

So Doorbell 101 is updated since we got two new firmwares. Excited to see who is going to take the plunge on this new Hik firmware. I want to see if it has any more features before i change, I already have ONVIF with LaView. If EZVIZ ever joins the ONVIF party, that will be when I switch out my LaView with my EZVIZ DB...:)
I updated the DB1 with EZVIZ Studio. Noticed nothing new at a first glance. Don't know what's so "exciting" for marketing people at EZVIZ. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i get the error (0) when i am trying to add it in wifi network i get the message that there is no wifi in the doorbell
after that it is solid red and i have to turn it of and then on to try again
So you are getting audio voice stating no wifi. Try at 2.4GHz You can try other Apps too, like Guarding Vision, Hik-Vision

⦁ Apps Available:
iO/S: Hik-Connect, RCA Security, EZVIZ, LaView One, Guarding Vision
Android: Hik-Connect, RCA Security, EZVIZ, LaView ONE, Guarding Vision

Don't ask me why, but this worked for a family member who bought an EZVIZ Flood light (Hikvision) and could not connect, when he tried with LaView ONE App he was able to connect.

Last edited: