New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to have locked myself out. I tried a few firmwares messed with a few settings and everything worked, decided to stick with laview but wanted to start fresh.

I reset the DB, now I can't register using the QR code. I tried manually connecting using EZVIZ_CODE and LAVIEW_CODE but it doesn't work. The DB SSID is no longer EZVIZ_serial but rather Laview_serial

I made sure not to change any admin passwords, only changed video settings and firmware.

Anything else i can try?
What message are you getting when trying to register using the OR Code? What App are your using? Can you connect to your DB via the Batch Config. Tool?

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone else been able to successfully move the location of the "date/time"... I move it around the OSD but it always remains down the bottom.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What message are you getting when trying to register using the OR Code? What App are your using? Can you connect to your DB via the Batch Config. Tool?
I think i fudged it some how, I tried the hik app, and laview app. It shows up with a laview ssid but won't accept the password. The laview app is actually quite good it copies the proper password etc but it still fails to connect. I tried registering using the serial number, it then asks for the code on the back hen is looking for theezviz ssid but am able to manually select the laview ssid but no go.

I also tried connecting directly to the laview ssif on my phone and PC but no luck.

I just changed a few video options and tried the various firmwares so not sure where i messed up, it never asked to setup any password and i read the 101 and knew not to do it.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think i fudged it some how, I tried the hik app, and laview app. It shows up with a laview ssid but won't accept the password. The laview app is actually quite good it copies the proper password etc but it still fails to connect. I tried registering using the serial number in both apps and tried various passwords but it failed to connect.

I also tried connecting directly on my phone and PC but no luck.

I just changed a few video options and tried the various firmwares so not sure where i messed up, it never asked to setup any password and i read the 101 and knew not to do it.
Sorry for all the questions but when you try the OR Code are you getting any message? Like when I change Apps it will say it is registered elsewhere. So I remove/delete the device in the previous App I used then is allows me to use the OR Code. But i have not done a Reset with a different firmware installed. I will be reloading the LaView firmware back on my LaView before I do a reset on it when I remove the Db and replace it with the EZVIZ I just got.

There is the option of removing All power to the DB for One Hour to have it bleed power out of it's battery to do a Full Factory Reset. It should then reset/reload the old firmware. BUT I am not 100% sure of this and do not want to tell you at the point to try that. I seemed to have read someone getting past your issue without having to do a Hard Reset. I just need to find the message still looking back.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions but when you try the OR Code are you getting any message? Like when I change Apps it will say it is registered elsewhere. So I remove/delete the device in the previous App I used then is allows me to use the OR Code. But i have not done a Reset with a different firmware installed. I will be reloading the LaView firmware back on my LaView before I do a reset on it when I remove the Db and replace it with the EZVIZ I just got.

There is the option of removing All power to the DB for One Hour to have it bleed power out of it's battery to do a Full Factory Reset. It should then reset/reload the old firmware. BUT I am not 100% sure of this and do not want to tell you at the point to try that. I seemed to have read someone getting past your issue without having to do a Hard Reset. I just need to find the message still looking back.
No problem, the apps and QR code or serial number all work with no errors however they all failed to connect to the DBs wifi as they all try to connect to the EZVIZ SSID which I no longer have. I deleted the DB from the hik app prior to reset anyways.

I'll try and drain the battery and see if it fixes itself, glad I didn't install it on my actual frointn door.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, the apps and QR code or serial number all work with no errors however they all failed to connect to the DBs wifi as they all try to connect to the EZVIZ SSID whic I no longer have.
This is not the message I was looking for by rafale has a lot of knowledge and has helped many here. You might try reaching out to him.

He states that each firmware has it's own SSID (which we know know), but also password he mentions too.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem, the apps and QR code or serial number all work with no errors however they all failed to connect to the DBs wifi as they all try to connect to the EZVIZ SSID whic I no longer have.
Here is how I worked around this:

Use a PC or a mac to login to the doorbell’s wifi. Make sure that you disabled your pc’s ethernet connection to avoid Confusing IP ranges.
You should be using the laview_code as the wifi password.
Once you are in, use the iVMS4200 software to modify the SSID of the doorbell back to the ezviz_serial.
You should then be able to move on with the mobile app inclusion.

Technically what I did was another shortcut. I used the iVMS4200 software to get the doorbell to join my wifi network directly. Yes it can do that... Then my mobile app software didn’t even have to try to find the doorbell’s SSID and skept directly to the rest of the doorbell configuration, only asking for the doorbell’s admin password to login to the doorbell.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Use a PC or a mac to login to the doorbell’s wifi. Make sure that you disabled your pc’s ethernet connection to avoid Confusing IP ranges.
Once you are in, use the iVMS4200 software to modify the SSID of the doorbell back to the ezviz_serial.

Technically what I did was another shortcut. I used the iVMS4200 software to get the doorbell to join my wifi network directly. Yes it can do that... Then my mobile app software didn’t even have to try to find the doorbell’s SSID and skept directly to the rest of the doorbell configuration, only asking for the doorbell’s admin password to login to the doorbell.
I have a 6 letter code and here is what I've tried.

laview_ABCDEF
laview_abcdef
Laview_ABCDEF
LaView_ABCDEF
EZVIZ_ABCDEF

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thank You rafale I need to include this in the 101 but may need your help in another write up. :) May just need to turn over the 101 to you :). I try to help but I am only good in basic help.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 6 letter code and here is what I've tried.

laview_ABCDEF
laview_abcdef
Laview_ABCDEF
LaView_ABCDEF
EZVIZ_ABCDEF
Whatever the SSID is will be your wifi password’s prefix. For LaView, I think it is Laview_XXXXXX. The Code is always all CAPS. If that doesn’t work, are you sure you did not change the admin password of your doorbell?

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank You rafale I need to include this in the 101 but may need your help in another write up. :) May just need to turn over the 101 to you :). I try to help but I am only good in basic help.
You are doing a heck of a job at it... I am just happy to assist! ;)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would be best if the 101 could be posted on the first post on page 1 :D
I hear ya, I did not start this Thread though, I came in 30 pages deep :), One thing Mike did is put a link to the 101 for all of us in message 1 though...Then I moved it haha, I will also have a link until i get Mike to change the link to page 101.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whatever the SSID is will be your wifi password’s prefix. For LaView, I think it is Laview_XXXXXX. The Code is always all CAPS. If that doesn’t work, are you sure you did not change the admin password of your doorbell?
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear i tried that password a few times

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear i tried that password a few times
I want you to know I stayed up past my bed time to watch this Thread to see if you got it working :) Glad you did, good night...Thanks again rafale...