New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
really surprised u guys still rockin the RCA doorbell.

think that was my first one i tried.

the reolink POE seems to be the crowd pleaser in 2024

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have a separate PoE camera with a larger IMX347 1/1.8" sensor as well, running PoE to my doorbell is a nono lol.
The Reolink Doorbell quality is fine if you have sufficient lights but still has it's limitation due to its form factor

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do have a separate PoE camera with a larger IMX347 1/1.8" sensor as well, running PoE to my doorbell is a nono lol.
The Reolink Doorbell quality is fine if you have sufficient lights but still has it's limitation due to its form factor
All Video DBs have their small form factor limits.

ReoLink's lack of WDR & BLC is it's major flaw IMO. Anyone with a porch where the DB is mounted in and has the sun in the background will have to chose which one of the two to tune in the best video quality. I chose the porch and capture any walking up to the porch with my other camera(s)
But I do agree with flynreelow, out of the two (Hikvision DB) and (ReoLink's DB), ReoLink is the winner. We both had our Hiks for several years and they served us well. Presently I am running the WiFi version of the ReoLink without any issues.